+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP for a current International Student

Hephzibah247

Dec 28, 2023
I would like to verify that I can apply for SINP as an international student in my 2nd year in Canada. It is my second masters and I am going on to a PhD and I have had about 10 years work experience outside Canada. I want to apply for the Occupation in demand stream as well as express entry. Same procedure as though I am outside Canada except that I answer yes to the question on whether or not I am in Canada. I really do not want to wait to graduate before applying.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I would like to verify that I can apply for SINP as an international student in my 2nd year in Canada. It is my second masters and I am going on to a PhD and I have had about 10 years work experience outside Canada. I want to apply for the Occupation in demand stream as well as express entry. Same procedure as though I am outside Canada except that I answer yes to the question on whether or not I am in Canada. I really do not want to wait to graduate before applying.
Is your NOC & SINP score going to get you an invite. IRCC processing is 15 months after SINP approval.

Hephzibah247

Dec 28, 2023
Is your NOC & SINP score going to get you an invite. IRCC processing is 15 months after SINP approval.
Thanks Nat. Yes, my NOC is an occupation in demand and my SINP score is 68. However, if I answer yes to this question : "Previous student experience in Saskatchewan
(A minimum of at least one full-time academic year of study on a valid study permit at a recognized Saskatchewan post-secondary education institution), i get upto 73 points. I have not graduated so I am not sure if to answer yes or no . I am in my 2nd year of my post grad program and my thought is that I have completed one year of study on a valid study permit or does this apply to those who have the degree certificate?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks Nat. Yes, my NOC is an occupation in demand and my SINP score is 68. However, if I answer yes to this question : "Previous student experience in Saskatchewan
(A minimum of at least one full-time academic year of study on a valid study permit at a recognized Saskatchewan post-secondary education institution), i get upto 73 points. I have not graduated so I am not sure if to answer yes or no . I am in my 2nd year of my post grad program and my thought is that I have completed one year of study on a valid study permit or does this apply to those who have the degree certificate?
But is your score and NOC selected? 68 is a low score for most draws. You can count the 5 points if you have completed a year.