+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP - Dependents not accompanying query

rurouni01

Apr 11, 2018
Hi

I have a family of 3: spouse, child and I...

From a recent tourist visit to Canada, my wife did not like it and she wants to keep the child.

We are not planning to end our relationship, maybe in the future she can decide, and apply to immigrate, or I can use the Canada’s Family Sponsorship program.

In the meantime, I am applying to SINP. On their web, they state this:

If you don't include dependent family members in your application, they can't be nominated for permanent residency later. If you have dependents that won't be coming with you to Canada, you must provide a detailed reason and supporting documentation stating why they won't be coming with you. Acceptable reasons and documentation are a legal separation and custody orders. The SINP may disqualify your application if your dependents are not coming with you and the supporting documentation is not enough (e.g. financial reasons, unresolved custody issues, etc).

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/application-process-for-international-skilled-worker-and-saskatchewan-experience-categories

Question:

We won’t have a legal separation, nor is there any financial reason, I even have the POF for the 3 of us, we are both professionals, and both work.

What supporting documentation can I share? This is simply a reason of her not liking the country and its weather.

Thanks for the help.

Begs

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Why don't you apply for all of your family and if your application succeed, go with them for the landing trip and after that they can go back with a PR status, and can come to Canada whenever they want.

rurouni01

Apr 11, 2018
Why don't you apply for all of your family and if your application succeed, go with them for the landing trip and after that they can go back with a PR status, and can come to Canada whenever they want.
Hi, thanks for your response. If I am at this point, trust me I have discussed all options and try to convince her but no luck

any answer to the actual question?

thanks

Shafeer

Sep 8, 2024
Hi,
My name is SHAFEER

Job Offer Category - SINP Application Status.

I am writing to know about the status of my SINP application, which has been marked as ineligible. The reason cited for this decision is that I indicated my dependents (spouse and two children) would not be accompanying me initially.

I would like to clarify that my spouse is currently pregnant, and both of her previous deliveries were cesarean sections. For this reason, I wish to allow her sufficient time for recovery before she and our children join me. My plan is for them to accompany me after approximately one year.

I have already submitted an email providing these details, and I am awaiting further instructions. I would greatly appreciate any advice or steps I can take to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
My name is SHAFEER

Job Offer Category - SINP Application Status.

I am writing to know about the status of my SINP application, which has been marked as ineligible. The reason cited for this decision is that I indicated my dependents (spouse and two children) would not be accompanying me initially.

I would like to clarify that my spouse is currently pregnant, and both of her previous deliveries were cesarean sections. For this reason, I wish to allow her sufficient time for recovery before she and our children join me. My plan is for them to accompany me after approximately one year.

I have already submitted an email providing these details, and I am awaiting further instructions. I would greatly appreciate any advice or steps I can take to resolve this issue.

Thank you
This is a public forum on immigration. You need to contact SINP.