+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore CoC - No FIN/NRIC

megrah

Dec 17, 2017
Hi all,

My spouse had received the ITA in August this year. Last week, he received the letter from IRCC to obtain Singapore CoC. He had frequently travelled to Singapore on Business Visa, resulting in more than 180 cumulative number of days of stay in Singapore over a 6 year time period.
However, since he never required a work permit, he does not have NRIC or FIN, which the Singapore CoC requires (https://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance/apply-for-certificate-of-clearance).

Questions:
  1. Has anyone been in a similar situation (need Singapore CoC, but did not have NRIC or FIN)?
  2. We have written to Singapore Police and are calling them, but I know from the thread that they respond very late or not at all. Any alternative approaches that worked for anyone?
Thank you for your time and thoughts!

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
They only issue a COC for 6m of continuous stay, which you won't have. So i doubt you'll be able to get one. The best option is to write a detailed email to SPF listing all your travel dates, and then wait for their email response and then submit that entire email trail with an LOE to CIC explaining why COC/PCC wouldn't be possible to secure in this case.

Reactions: megrah

megrah

Dec 17, 2017
They only issue a COC for 6m of continuous stay, which you won't have. So i doubt you'll be able to get one. The best option is to write a detailed email to SPF listing all your travel dates, and then wait for their email response and then submit that entire email trail with an LOE to CIC explaining why COC/PCC wouldn't be possible to secure in this case.
oh wow! Then it seems we are caught between the policies of these 2 countries! CIC might already know this, and could have waived off CoC for non-continuous stay in Singapore (they had all our dates).

In case you are sure about the 6 months of continuous stay for SPF, then we really don't have that. I have written an email to SPF also. Will share all the travel dates in my next email to them as per your suggestion - Thank you !! :)

Anyone else who dealt with the issue differently?

Ikhtiyar

Aug 23, 2016
oh wow! Then it seems we are caught between the policies of these 2 countries! CIC might already know this, and could have waived off CoC for non-continuous stay in Singapore (they had all our dates).

In case you are sure about the 6 months of continuous stay for SPF, then we really don't have that. I have written an email to SPF also. Will share all the travel dates in my next email to them as per your suggestion - Thank you !! :)

Anyone else who dealt with the issue differently?
Hello Megrah , can you please share with an outcome on subject issue related with FIN/NRIC No.? I also had three diferrent trips to S'pore with overall stay of 8 months(first time, 6 month, second one and half and third time a week). However, I do not have any NRIC/FIN No. and cannot appeal to apply for the Certificate of Clearance. Will appreciate your advice on this matter.

Thanks.