+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Significance of AoR

toska123

Jul 6, 2017
Hi ... I'm seeing people congratulate others on them receiving AORs. I'm curious .. does the AOR have any real significance in the citizenship process (beyond confirming that the app passed a basic sanity check, allowing people to correspond with CIC to tell them of updates, etc.)? I also have two specific questions:

1) Does the file get sent from Sydney to local office right after AOR?

2) Based on data prior to Bill C6's coming to force, what was the average timeline to getting the next set of milestones after AOR?

Thanks!!

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
AOR means your application wont be retuned which means BIG DEAL, When application is returned it causes you bigger mental trauma which is not good and lost time, a lot of us immigrants already suffer from previous turtle effect system.

Also many of us who need help if application is returned cant get real person on CIC Phone like questions about filling a new form or not, pay new fee or not, check yes or no if you previously applied for citizenship.

I am waiting for AOR applied 11 OCT, very patient but I thing I left gap year on employment date which they say on the form if u leave gap date your app will be returned. it will be heartbraking if they return because I would been citizen by now since 2016 if it wasn't bill C24 which victimized many people and long wait for c6.