+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signature when applying for eTA/leniency period confusement? Help appreciated

LoveAndWar

Mar 14, 2016
Hi everyone,

I know there is a leniency period, But having called with one of the airlines to ask.They told me I should call the government of Canada and ask them.

Because if I would book a trip to go even next month with all the other usual required documents then the airlines adviced me to do it(the eTA) before I even plan to book.

I'm confused about all of this now and don't want to get denied access for not having the eTA on my next trip or when booking it very soon.
I only don't understand what I should type as my 'signature' when applying for my eTA? In Belgium we use our last name for as our signature but I know some people use both their given and last name.Do I just put the signature that is on my passport? That'd be my last name only.

Can anyone give more clearance about the leniency period? They told me to double check calling the number on the official website of the eTA.Because if I wouldn't need it for when I book my next trip soon then I won't apply for it just yet.

Thanks in advance! I'm sorry for all those questions but I want make sure I won't have any problems on my next trip or that they will tell me that I do need the eTA