+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

signature of immediate supervisor

NoorM

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
hello i collected the reference letter with the signature of the hr personnel. however when i go to upload the letters the cic section states it needs the signature of immediate supervisor. will that be an issue? all my previous supervisors left the companies i worked for.

mus919

Feb 12, 2018
hello i collected the reference letter with the signature of the hr personnel. however when i go to upload the letters the cic section states it needs the signature of immediate supervisor. will that be an issue? all my previous supervisors left the companies i worked for.
I did the same with just HR signature with no issues. My application passed the eligibility and pending background check.

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Can you share the link where it says this? As per what I searched in CIC website, it says 'signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company'.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

mus919

Feb 12, 2018
Can you share the link where it says this? As per what I searched in CIC website, it says 'signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company'.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
I'm aware what the website says, which is ideally what anyone should do. However, your question was about if you can only get HR signature. This was my situation because my company policy is that only HR prepares reference letters, so this is what I did and I passed the eligibility.

In summary, if you can follow the the IRCC instructions to the letter, do. If you can't, you can submit with HR and worest case scenario would be that they would call your employer to confirm letter details. In my case I had no issues with only HR signature.

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm aware what the website says, which is ideally what anyone should do. However, your question was about if you can only get HR signature. This was my situation because my company policy is that only HR prepares reference letters, so this is what I did and I passed the eligibility.

In summary, if you can follow the the IRCC instructions to the letter, do. If you can't, you can submit with HR and worest case scenario would be that they would call your employer to confirm letter details. In my case I had no issues with only HR signature.
I was trying to say that the signature of immediate supervisor or personnel officer(HR officer) is required. The original poster said that signature of immediate supervisor alone was the requirement of CIC.

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
I did the same with just HR signature with no issues. My application passed the eligibility and pending background check.
Hi! May I know if the IRCC inquired your HR or someone else by call or email to verify your work experience?