+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Signature missed on Inland Spousal Sponsorship

cz939

Jul 2, 2024
Hello,

Just a few days ago we submitted a sponsorship application for my husband. He's from the US and is living with me in Canada now, so it would be inland. Today we just saw we missed one signature on the IMM5532E, as DocuSign bugged out and we didn't catch it.

We're worried as we saw some people say it took months for them to receive any messages back from the IRCC, but we also saw inland spousal sponsorships can get messages back relatively fast, so we're unsure. Since we caught it super early before we even received a message from the IRCC, is there anything we can do now? Or do we have to wait for IRCC? Is it even worth calling them?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Just a few days ago we submitted a sponsorship application for my husband. He's from the US and is living with me in Canada now, so it would be inland. Today we just saw we missed one signature on the IMM5532E, as DocuSign bugged out and we didn't catch it.

We're worried as we saw some people say it took months for them to receive any messages back from the IRCC, but we also saw inland spousal sponsorships can get messages back relatively fast, so we're unsure. Since we caught it super early before we even received a message from the IRCC, is there anything we can do now? Or do we have to wait for IRCC? Is it even worth calling them?

Thank you!
Post to the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.

Calling won't help at all. You can try submitting a web form with the complete form with signature. Overall, most likely the application will be returned as incomplete.

cz939

Jul 2, 2024
Post to the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.

Calling won't help at all. You can try submitting a web form with the complete form with signature. Overall, most likely the application will be returned as incomplete.
I poked around on some other threads and saw the mention of the webform and that it worked out successfully for another couple in the same situation as us. They just used the receipt number for the application number. We're going to go ahead and do that right away, thank you for your reply! :]

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I poked around on some other threads and saw the mention of the webform and that it worked out successfully for another couple in the same situation as us. They just used the receipt number for the application number. We're going to go ahead and do that right away, thank you for your reply! :]
It's a dice roll but worth trying.

Just don't be too disappointed if it doesn't end up working.