+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should sponsor(PR) has to stay during the entire process in canada

mussaffir

Feb 7, 2009
Hi All

I m on PR and have filed my sponsorship for spouse in dec 2008 , which is currently under process in islamabad , pakistan CHC . i left canada on may 2009 to see my pregnant wife and then in july we have a baby born in pakistan . I m still in pakistan , now if i have to add my newborn dependent child in my wife sponsorship application . The islambad office instruct me that yes i can add a dependent child on my wife sponsorship application, but for details regarding which set of forms are needed to submit at Canadian office in mississauga i need to call them which i cant do it right now as i m outside canada and the call center line is only for person inside canada . Can anyone answer its very urgent and imp for me

1. Do i have to apply it from canada or I can send the forms directly from pakistan ?
2. Can i stay outside canada while my sponsorship application has been earlier approved and case has been transferred to CHC islamabad ?
3. Can i stay outside canada till the time my wife and dependent child PR Visa will be issued in Pakistan ?

I shall be very thankful to all of those who would kindly try to answer my query

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are a PR, you need to be living in Canada to be allowed to sponsor your wife and child. How long a "vacation" you may take in Pakistan in the meantime, I don't know, 2 weeks, 6 months, somewhere in between? You need to ask a friend in Canada to call CIC for you and ask about this.

Rani

Jul 11, 2009
Yes it is important to stay in canada during the processing period, but there are many way out, did you mention about preagnency in your application submit at mississaga.if yes then your wife can send that inormation along with the birth certifcate to the CHC Islamabad. It will be batter that you did not stay long time here in Pakistan.

mussaffir

Feb 7, 2009
Thanks for all those who have replied to me, well i have kept informing CIC canada and CHC Islamabad in my wife case about the pregnancy since march also when i moved out from the country i informed citizenship canada due to my already in process citizenship application. I had to leave the country bc the delivery was critical interms of medical experts . I have to add my child onto my wife application for this i have to send sponsorship application for dependent child to CPC mississauga but my question is can i submit currently frm Pakistan or do i have to go back canada n file it frm there ?