+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I use NOC 1123 or 4163? Thanks in advance :)

xyyyy

Sep 3, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am currently a market analyst (1 year now) and used to be a product marketing manager (it's just called manager, not a real managerial role) for a durable product.
I haven't talked to my manager/hr yet, so the followings are what I copied from my JD & what I would put on my CV if applying for other jobs...

For 1123 I think it focus too much on promotion and place, which is not what I've done in most cases. But the title matches, product manager - marketing
for 4163, my main concern is that it's under sector 4, and I don't think I work in the following aspects...
4 – Occupations in education, law and social, community and government services

PM role (2 yrs):
  • Analyze industry trend, competitor insights and customer feedbacks to define right product & pricing strategy, and identify growth penitential
  • Generate and deliver market analysis report to top management on a regular basis
  • Based on the analysis outcome, optimize product portfolio and price through different product lifecycle milestones, launch different products to generate extra margin and create sales impulse.
  • Forecast the market trend to better facilitate R&D development and procurement process
  • Ensure the accuracy setting of the ordering system so that each product produced is homologated based on government regulations
  • Responsible for product update communications to dealers and to end customers through online and offline channels including sales brochures, social media, websites

Market analyst role (1 yr)
  • Quantitative analysis for the overall premium automotive market, forecast the market trends and generate reports with full insights to top management
  • Focus on NEV development, conduct multiple analysis covering different aspects including price, sales volume, powertrain, battery type etc.
  • Future volume planning for next xx years, outcome serves as the planning base for multiple key departments including Purchase, Production and Finance and clear ambition for shareholders
  • Responsible for certain models and their respective next generation models segment analysis and market potential evaluation

Again, thank you so so much for the kind help!!!!