+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I risk it?

Faar96

Nov 30, 2023
I worked at 2 jobs that were overlapping in duration, with the same title in my country. At the time I applied for study permit I only mentioned one of them, because the other one would not give me a letter at that time and I thought it is necessary to have a proof. Then I had to apply for the coop during my studies in Canada and my university’s immigration consultant told me to only mention the things you did in Canada, because it is just a coop related to your study permit. Now I am applying for an open work permit and I don’t know if I should mention all my experience or not. I might be able to use the work that was not mentioned for express entry in future. I am not sure it is a wise choice though considering the discrepancies. Thank you in advance for your help!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I worked at 2 jobs that were overlapping in duration, with the same title in my country. At the time I applied for study permit I only mentioned one of them, because the other one would not give me a letter at that time and I thought it is necessary to have a proof. Then I had to apply for the coop during my studies in Canada and my university’s immigration consultant told me to only mention the things you did in Canada, because it is just a coop related to your study permit. Now I am applying for an open work permit and I don’t know if I should mention all my experience or not. I might be able to use the work that was not mentioned for express entry in future. I am not sure it is a wise choice though considering the discrepancies. Thank you in advance for your help!
Don't lie to the IRCC, you will be caught red handed