+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I put my application into the pool?

Jul 7, 2023
I am currently seeking guidance for the next steps in my visa application process. To provide you with a background of my situation, I have recently taken the IELTS exam and received the following scores:

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 8.5
Speaking: 8
Writing: 7
Overall Band Score: 8

With 7 years of professional experience in the Punjab university, my current Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score stands at 427. However, when including my partner, my CRS score reduces to 390.

I am keen to understand the implications of these scores on my application and the strategic steps I can take to maximize my chances of a successful visa application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently seeking guidance for the next steps in my visa application process. To provide you with a background of my situation, I have recently taken the IELTS exam and received the following scores:

With 7 years of professional experience in the Punjab university, my current Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score stands at 427. However, when including my partner, my CRS score reduces to 390.

I am keen to understand the implications of these scores on my application and the strategic steps I can take to maximize my chances of a successful visa application
It is too low for an invitation. Look at increasing your score, like learning French. What is your NOC?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Your score is too low to be selected even without your spouse. You'll need to do several of the following:

- Rewrite IELTS and max out your scores.
- Learn French and take the French test to score additional points
- Complete a higher level of education in your home country
- Come to Canada on a study permit and complete full time studies here
- Get a year or more of skilled work experience in Canada through either a PGWP after you complete studies or through securing a job offer + approved LMIA and coming to Canada on a closed work permit