+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I halt the process?

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi guys
I am a geologist, I applied Jan 2009 to cic, I was given the go ahead to submit the full application to my country visa office within 120 days. The issue now is that I do not have up to Can$20,000 proof of funds required. Can I at this stage ask for a refund of my money and wait till the time I can raise the required funds? or I should go ahead and submit proof of about Can $10,000 that I have. I have a wife and a kid accompanying me. I have an offer of a place to stay in Alberta from a distant Cousin if I am successful. Pls advice

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you can not halt the process. If you can't somehow get the required funds, you will have to cancel your application and apply again later.

Sir K

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks, that will set me back a bit. I hope the rules with not my profession out of favour by the time I reapply. Thanks once again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you withdraw before they start processing your file, you can get the money back. I do not know when they officially start processing your file, if it went to Sydney and got approved from them, they already did some work on it. In any case, you would get back the right of permanent residence fees if you paid them. That would be about half of the total. The processing fees you might not get.