+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I disclose 221(g) as a refusal on my PR application?

longviddd

Oct 20, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for spending some time reading my situation. I would appreciate anyone who can give me some pointer. I recently got my ITA and filling out my PR application.

About 10 years ago, back in 2015, when I was still a minor, my parents helped my apply for a F-1 Visa to study in the U.S. I remembered going to the interview, but the U.S embassy officer requested some additional information. I went back a few days later and provided all the necessary documents and was immediately approved. From my understanding, I was approved.

Since then, I applied for my TRV, Study Permit, Work Permit and I always answered "No" to my visa refusal question. Fast forward until now, I'm filling my PR application and I did some more research and there are varying opinions on whether or not this counts as a refusal. I am unsure whether or not to disclose this. I plan on answering "No" and add a LOE explaining my situation to avoid discrepancies between applications. However, any advice would be appreciated.

@scylla @legalfalcon @Naturgrl

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you state that the officer requested additional information, you not not state that you were told by said officer that your application was denied at that point, correct?
You further state that after providing the requested documents you were APPROVED. I don't understand how your application was ever denied.

Including a letter is probably time well spent.