+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I claim distant relatives? And do I need sibling's emails?

IPreferCats

Nov 30, 2017
I'm working on form 5332E Part B for an spousal sponsorship, and it's almost finished, but I'm not sure whether I should include a distant cousin (either a second or third cousin, more than once removed) I have living in Ontario for Part B, question 2. Do I need to? Can I get in trouble if I don't?

Also, for the application on close relatives, I don't have either email address for my step-siblings. I don't really know them (been in their company for maybe six hours, total) and they were grown when our parents got married (and living hundreds of miles away). My stepmother gave me their birthdays, but I had to use an online service to find out their addresses (and I'm not sure they're current). Should I try again or is it not that big a deal?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm working on form 5332E Part B for an spousal sponsorship, and it's almost finished, but I'm not sure whether I should include a distant cousin (either a second or third cousin, more than once removed) I have living in Ontario for Part B, question 2. Do I need to? Can I get in trouble if I don't?

Also, for the application on close relatives, I don't have either email address for my step-siblings. I don't really know them (been in their company for maybe six hours, total) and they were grown when our parents got married (and living hundreds of miles away). My stepmother gave me their birthdays, but I had to use an online service to find out their addresses (and I'm not sure they're current). Should I try again or is it not that big a deal?
Distant cousins are not included.

Put "Unknown" for any info you don't have and explain on a separate sheet.

Reactions: IPreferCats

IPreferCats

Nov 30, 2017
Does it have to be a separate sheet if they're overfill already (and hence, already on a separate sheet)? Also, thanks.