+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I choose IELTS or CELPIP?

Endriking

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hi guys.
I did my first IELTS test and I scored 7.5,7,7,8 (L,R,W,S). I had only done one practice test and hadn't really studied for it. This time around I studied a little and did about 13 listening practice tests. Today I had the test and I have a feeling I might score a 7.5 again on the listening because I did not do one question and I did educated guesses in four multiple choice questions that ask you to choose one of seven alternatives. This time I am sure I will do better in the reading part because I finished in 40 minutes and did everything plus I even had time to go to the restroom. Also in the writing I did not write my tasks in capital letters like the last time and I used a lot of difficult words. I am not worried about speaking or writing but I am worried about listening. I live in America. I am giving as much information as I can. For some reason I am struggling in the listening part. When I did the IELTS practice tests I would make as many as 9 mistakes in a test or as little as 3. So to me is luck and how I feel that day with the listening.

ron24by7@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
you posted below comment in another thread. now you are saying this. Which one do we need to believe dude?

Hi I took the ielts test and I scored 8L,7R,7W and 8 S. Now I know this is a great score that qualifies me for the bonuses through education and work experience. I am shy 9 points to getting the maximum score possible from English which is not a lot. I am considering on retaking the test but I wouldn't do it if I knew that only the last test's score matters. Does IELTS send to Canada the better of the two tests or only the last score?