+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply for Visitor Record and WP-EXT at the same time?

u1nita

Mar 8, 2024
My employer submitted an LMIA application for my position earlier this week, and my PGWP expires in a month. Should I apply for both Visitor Record and WP-EXT at the same time?

I understand that if my Work Permit gets processed at the time my employers LMIA is not approved yet, it will be rejected. I want to avoid not having any form of status throughout the process.

Can I also apply for a visitor record, so that if my WP-EXT gets rejected, I can still have visitor status?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My employer submitted an LMIA application for my position earlier this week, and my PGWP expires in a month. Should I apply for both Visitor Record and WP-EXT at the same time?

I understand that if my Work Permit gets processed at the time my employers LMIA is not approved yet, it will be rejected. I want to avoid not having any form of status throughout the process.

Can I also apply for a visitor record, so that if my WP-EXT gets rejected, I can still have visitor status?
You shouldn’t apply for both at the same time. If/when denied you can apply to restore your status to visitor.