+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shift manager/ leader NOC code? Experience? Which PNP?

Hareeswar

Jan 5, 2021
Heyi guys. I am wondering if you help me here. Actually my first query is about the job as a shift manager/ leader working in an fastfood restaurent like kfc,mcd, dominos, subway can apply for EXPRESS ENTRY or for PNP PROGRAMS? Whats the noc code for SHIFT MANAGER/ LEADER? I’m currently doing MSc in UK as an international student so will my part time work experience counts for the work experience ( I’m only allowed to work for 20 hours during semester and 40hrs during holidays) can you tell me how will they calculate it? How many years of work experience is good to apply for? should I work in the same branch with same designation without accepting any promotions? Also what if I took a long holiday like for a month will there be any problem in my profile while applying? What all documents are required to apply for EXPRESSING ENTRY or PNP PROGRAMS? Is CLB 7 a good score for PNP? Easiest PNP to apply with the NOC CODE (SHIFT MANAGER /LEADER). How much time will it take to complete the whole process? Thanks in advance :)

fc123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Hi, I think you will need to compare NOC 0631 and 6311 to see which best fits your job responsibilities. Your reference letter from the employer must state these responsibilities and they must align with the NOC you have chosen so choose carefully. They are skill level 0 and B respectively so either could could towards the skilled work experience requirement for FSW provided that you have enough work hours.

Holiday does not matter as long as you were continuously employed.

You will need to do your own research for the PNP unless anyone else can weigh in, I don't know what PNP you might qualify for.

More information on this page.

Your skilled work experience must be

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • within the last 10 years
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • Full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Part-time work experience
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Student work experience
Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work:

Reactions: Hareeswar

Hareeswar

Jan 5, 2021
Hi, I think you will need to compare NOC 0631 and 6311 to see which best fits your job responsibilities. Your reference letter from the employer must state these responsibilities and they must align with the NOC you have chosen so choose carefully. They are skill level 0 and B respectively so either could could towards the skilled work experience requirement for FSW provided that you have enough work hours.

You will need to do your own research for the PNP unless anyone else can weigh in, I don't know what PNP you might qualify for.

• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission—volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
  • at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • Full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • Full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

Student work experience
Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards your minimum requirements if the work:

Student work experience

Thank you fc123 for the reply. Can I take promotion if I get any in the store itself or it changes my job title? Is there any more preferences given for NOC O,A in Express entry? I should show my highest degree or all of my degree In my case my highest qualification is MSc I did B.com (distance education) in my UG will there be any problem during WES? Should I submit my UG certificate also or only Masters is fine? If my BCOM UG degree is valid then can I choose Two Degrees for CRS Calculation? Also if you have any idea Which organisation do you suggest me for my education assessment? Thank you :)

fc123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Thank you fc123 for the reply. Can I take promotion if I get any in the store itself or it changes my job title? Is there any more preferences given for NOC O,A in Express entry? I should show my highest degree or all of my degree In my case my highest qualification is MSc I did B.com (distance education) in my UG will there be any problem during WES? Should I submit my UG certificate also or only Masters is fine? If my BCOM UG degree is valid then can I choose Two Degrees for CRS Calculation? Also if you have any idea Which organisation do you suggest me for my education assessment? Thank you :)
I am not an expert but my understanding is that you need to have continuous experience in the same NOC - so if you were promoted and your responsibilities changed so that the NOC changed, you would need a full 1560 hours in that NOC.

0, A and B category work experience are all valid to meet the work experience requirement and there is no preference.

This page will give you information about the ECA - you only really need an ECA for your highest level credential (MSc in your case) but you can potentially get points for having more than one credential so I would recommend that you get an ECA for your undergrad as well.

When I got my ECA completed in around August/September of last year, WES were the fastest and most convenient option and I think this is still the case.

All from my own experience but I hope this helps

Hareeswar

Jan 5, 2021
I am not an expert but my understanding is that you need to have continuous experience in the same NOC - so if you were promoted and your responsibilities changed so that the NOC changed, you would need a full 1560 hours in that NOC.

0, A and B category work experience are all valid to meet the work experience requirement and there is no preference.

This page will give you information about the ECA - you only really need an ECA for your highest level credential (MSc in your case) but you can potentially get points for having more than one credential so I would recommend that you get an ECA for your undergrad as well.

When I got my ECA completed in around August/September of last year, WES were the fastest and most convenient option and I think this is still the case.

All from my own experience but I hope this helps
Thank you again for the reply. Like in PNP’s there is a cut off like 60/100 or 65/100 I had enough cut off will I get ITA or its just that I’m eligible to apply? From where you applied? You applies to PNP or direct express entry? In which NOC you’re having experience? Can you tell me how many years of experience and your ielts score. Just to compare my profile with yours. Thanks you for the reply:)