+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shall I re apply for Quebec Immigration skilled worer class?

rkum1234

Jan 15, 2011
Hello,

I have applied for Quebec skilled worker program. Paid the fee and submitted the application last year. I have got the letter last month mentioning that I havent get enough points due to my age (37) at this time and lack of french knowledge. And they have given option to resubmit within 60 days. I would like to make my wife as principle applicant and resumit requesting to give 3 months time to submit the french score (both of us). Then i may get enough as my wife has post graduaction in engineering and she is below the age of 35.

Question is:
1. Can I submit like this with same reference number?
2. Shall I have to pay the entire application fee again?
3. Will they give me the time to submit my french scores?

Could you please give me the response as soon as possible as I am running out of time. I thank you in advance for the help.

Thanks,
Ravi.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

rkum1234 said:
Hello,

I have applied for Quebec skilled worker program. Paid the fee and submitted the application last year. I have got the letter last month mentioning that I havent get enough points due to my age (37) at this time and lack of french knowledge. And they have given option to resubmit within 60 days. I would like to make my wife as principle applicant and resumit requesting to give 3 months time to submit the french score (both of us). Then i may get enough as my wife has post graduaction in engineering and she is below the age of 35.

Question is:

Could you please give me the response as soon as possible as I am running out of time. I thank you in advance for the help.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Your application was refused. If you wish to re-apply with your spouse as the principal, then new fees, new applications.

rkum1234

Jan 15, 2011
Hi Thank you for the response, If I re apply again with my wife as principle applicant, shall i have to wait for again another 12 months to get the decission. Do you suggest any consultant to take care of the case please. Please suggest me.

thank you.
Ravi

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
rkum1234 said:
Hi Thank you for the response, If I re apply again with my wife as principle applicant, shall i have to wait for again another 12 months to get the decission. Do you suggest any consultant to take care of the case please. Please suggest me.

thank you.
Ravi
if you furnish supporting documents and get enough points to reach the cutoffs, then you wont have to pay extra fees etc. the Ref num will remain the same too.

but your plan of making your wife the PA basically means that its going to be a fresh application and ur starting from scratch. so everythings gotta be fresh. current rules state that you have to submit language score results (IELTS & TEF/DELF/TEFAQ/TCF etc) if you want points for language. so you need to learn french, appear for the tests and this is going to take a while.

what are your timelines ? it takes about 12-15 months to get an interview at BIQ HK.

Waiting_CSQ

Jan 6, 2012
rkum1234 said:
Hello,

Question is:

Thanks,
Ravi.

Hey Buddy,

If your wife post graduation Engineering degree from Indian Universities then you may not receive AOT points since QUEBEC did not recognize Indian Engineering degree. Hence, you need exam to get Engineering license to practice profession in Quebec. By the way, it depends on major too, hence, you may refer 2009 AOT list from QUEBEC in Foreign degree section.

Hope it will be helpful