+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Several questions concerning Canada and Quebec immigration

GAOH

Jan 16, 2017
Hey Guys,

I'm planning to submit my wife's application to sponsor her to Canada, Quebec. I have several questions for Canada and Quebec Immigration:

1. Can I submit the CSQ and Federal application at same time ? Because according to the required documents for Quebec immigration application, I need to provide an letter of Federal government confirming that I'm eligible to sponsor my wife. Does this mean that if I submit the two applications the same time, then my Quebec application will be delayed ?

2. For Federal application: is the notice of assessment for the recent tax year a must as an supporting document, because I'm currently living abroad, and it takes really a long time to get the notice.

3. If I'm unemployed, is this will affect the result of the assessment of my wife's application or it doesn't matter ?

4. On the application form for Quebec immigration (undertaking form), the section 4, they ask to fill my wife's dependent family information , subsection 4.1 is the information about the spouse of the principle applicant (which is my wife). do I need to fill this section, because I'm the sponsor and she is the sponsored person, it makes me confused, especially there is an question stating that :" is the person accompanying you to Quebec ? as I'm the sponsor of course I will accompany her to Quebec.

Thank you if you guys could give me a help on this. Grin Grin

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GAOH said:
1. Can I submit the CSQ and Federal application at same time ?

2. For Federal application: is the notice of assessment for the recent tax year a must as an supporting document, because I'm currently living abroad, and it takes really a long time to get the notice.

3. If I'm unemployed, is this will affect the result of the assessment of my wife's application or it doesn't matter ?

4. On the application form for Quebec immigration
Hi

1. No. You must apply for PR first. After Sponsor Approval, IRCC will send the CSQ request letter.

2. If you are living abroad and didn't file taxes in Canada last year, you can leave out the NOA and include a letter of explanation.

3. You can apply while unemployed but you must show IRCC that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare.

4. Not familiar with the Quebec forms, maybe someone else can chime in.