Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Forgive my anxiety. I just wondered if anyone might be able to allay some of my worries about the CEC application process.

I mailed my application in late October, and verified that it was received at the Buffalo Consulate on Oct. 27 by checking with Canada Post. As I paid by bank money order, I don't think I have a way of verifying that my fees had been cashed by CIC. And until I receive my AOR, I don't think I have a way of checking with e-CAS about the status of my application because I don't yet have a file number.

CIC asks that any changes to your application information be relayed to Buffalo; I have just a few additions having to do with some employment I've had since the end of October, for the sake of completeness, that I would like to add to my application...but I figured it would be best to wait until I had a file number to do so. My address has changed as well, although I don't think this should be a problem as I anticipated these changes and notified CIC of them, along with the dates they would be applicable, in a cover letter that I sent with my application. Too, I have paid Canada Post to forward all my mail from my old address to my new one in the States, so I don't hink I should missing any snail mail that is delivered there should CIC not have registered my alert to my impending address change in my cover letter. And my e-mail address is still the same.

So I think all I do now is wait. It looks like wait times for the AOR have recently been increasing, so instead of the three or so months I was expecting it might take as long as five months now before I get it -- by which time I will have changed addresses again and gone back to Canada. I don't think this will be a problem...but again, without a file number I can't properly alert CIC about this.

In any case...can someone provide me with, if not a timeline, then at least a potential "order of events" in terms of what sort of things may be coming down the pike for me from CIC?

Again...forgive the anxiety. Just sending the application and waiting silently has discomfited me more than I'd anticipated. :)

noreved_73

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2010
Even though you paid by money order, there should still be a paper trail. If you can find out from your bank if that money order was presented, then you can get your file number. CIC write it on the back when they process it. Case numbers start with a B, like B057000001 etc. If you contact your bank, they should be able to find the money order and give you the number off the back. That's what I did to get me case number, and I could then log onto e-Cas online.

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Brilliant! Thanks for that suggestion. I'll give it a shot.