Aug 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
I am a PR and I recently got married in India. I was there on a 6 week vacation. In the interest of sending the application in early, I stupidly sent the application from India while on vacation. I did come into Canada before they opened the application. Now the application is under review, saying I was not in Canada when sending the application in. What do I do now? Should I wait for the review to get over, or should I withdraw my application and submit a fresh one from Canada? CIC call centre has no idea how long the review would take. I am in Toronto, btw. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all please share with us why you were in a such RUSH, I dont understand when peoples wait many years to get married and than after why cannot they wait another year to process the file at VISA office.

Peoples like you complete & send the applications with out following the provided guidline and than every body else suffer & pay the price for long waiting period.

Application like your looks suspicious and now thats why it is in review process wait & cross your fingers now.good luck.

Cheers.

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
First of all please share with us why you were in a such RUSH, I dont understand when peoples wait many years to get married and than after why cannot they wait another year to process the file at VISA office.

Peoples like you complete & send the applications with out following the provided guidline and than every body else suffer & pay the price for long waiting period.

Application like your looks suspicious and now thats why it is in review process wait & cross your fingers now.good luck.

Cheers.
ur an idiot! how does everyone pay the price?? do u understand whats going on here???

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
This makes no sense, what sis the letter/communication from CIC say?

Why would this be a problem??? my wife was here for over 5 months from feb to june 2010 end and we sent our app on May 26 and its now in delhi being processed....that's now an issue at all...im sure u were here on a visitor visa, getting married and visiting ur new family!

btw- i cant help thinking why only 6 weeks??? have u thought about it, i hope u guys have adequate proof of contact and history between the 2 of u!!!

good luck!

B

boyee6576

ONE 2 KA 4 said:

Cheers.

I dont know of anyone who is NOT anxious to be with their spouse unless you just dont give a crap how long it takes. It's people who commit fraud that cause the problem for the rest of us, not people who send in their application early or made the mistake to send it from their home country. Maybe the spouse cant speak english and it would be much easier for them to work together to get the application complete? Dont judge when you dont know all the facts.

TorontoV: I would send them a fax stating that you did the application with your spouse while you were in India while on vacation. If you wanted to be with your spouse to help her/him fill out the forms then state whatever reason you have to mailing it from India. Then I would also state that you are in Canada and if you have a job I would send a letter from my boss stating how long you have worked there and that you got leave of absence from your job to go to India. I think that might help.

torontoV

Aug 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all.

Thank you for your response. I knew, I cant apply PR for my spouse, when I don't live in Canada. But I never realized that I couldnt even apply, when I am on a vacation outside Canada. They asked for my latest entry stamping into Canada, and I did provide all those details.

But when I ask them, if I can provide any letter or proof, that I am indeed living in Canada, and went to India only for my marriage, they say these proofs cannot help, and they themselves are not very sure how long they will keep it under Review. Hence, I withdrew my application and am going to reapply freshly again, right from the scratch! They also say, I cant reapply until my previous application is closed. So I have to wait till the file is closed, to reapply for my spouse :(

B

boyee6576

Thats likely for the best. Who knew something like that would cause such a problem? Good luck I am sure you can reapply soon.

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Very sorry to hear your story TorontoV! Hope you have a speedy process this time. Even we have applied the 2nd time and the process has been swift & smooth so far! What do you mean by - can't reapply until previous application is closed? The reason why I asked is that our previous application was refused in Jan 2010 and we filed for a refund.
Did you apply for a refund of Landing Fee as well? We were told by our consultant that this would confirm file is officially closed and we could only apply after that! To be honest, it didn't really make sense to me to wait but we did not want any problems to crop up the 2nd time! Unfortunately, it took a little over 3 months for CIC to process the refund and we have applied again in May!

I don't mean to scare you but hope its not the same for you! Good Luck!

torontoV

Aug 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Xyrus.

I have just sent a withdrawal letter to CIC, and have not done anything specific for refund of the money. Did u do anything specific for that?

Also, the CIC says it takes 1 to 2months to get the file closed. But it seems like, it has taken more than that for your case. In the mean while, did your spouse come to Canada to visit you ?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Xyrus: why was your first application refused, and what was different about your second application? I'm asking because my husband's application was refused and we want to apply again, but I thought we would have to wait for a year or so to get more proof our relationship is genuine.

I

iarblue

Yes PR to apply for spousal must be in Canada to apply,even if you are on vacation the mail must be stamped in Canada.If you had of sent it to a realative and had them mail it from inside Canada for you it would have not been a problem,but since it came with post from there on it they knew.
Oh well Toronto live and learn live and learn,reapply and best of luck.It does not take them too long to close a file so it wont be much longer.We all learn the hard way,you wont be the first or the last to make a mistake here so hang in there.