Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Hi,
As per the New Delhi VO requirements, I sent the original transcripts of my bachelors/masters degree to CIO. If originals are not required how can I have them back. Is there any way to correspond to the CIO or should I corresspond with New delhi office after file has been transferred. I feel very uneasy with my originals out there. What should I do?

Please help

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
nitroxn said:
Hi,
As per the New Delhi VO requirements, I sent the original transcripts of my bachelors/masters degree to CIO. If originals are not required how can I have them back. Is there any way to correspond to the CIO or should I corresspond with New delhi office after file has been transferred. I feel very uneasy with my originals out there. What should I do?

Please help
Originals ARE required. In a sealed University envelope.

Officially, copies are not permitted, although I have heard cases of notarized photocopies being accepted - I think it is largely down to the leniency of the visa office and also the visa officer responsible for processing the application. Were your transcripts in sealed University stamped envelopes?

If your application is failed your entire application will be returned. If your application is successful then any original documents will be returned. Either way you will get your original transcripts back but it may take some time.

Wayne.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
My original transcripts were sealed in an envelope, I specifically inquired VISA office of New Delhi for the original transcripts.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t51529.0.html
However, most the members in the forum send only notarized copies. I am thinking for applying for postgraduate degrees so I might need my originals. How long does take for the VO to return the originals. Are physical files transferred between CIO and VO. Getting the transcripts back from the VO might be easier than getting it from CIO?

Any such similar experience. Please share.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Poor Nitroxn, still fretting about that application! LOL I tell you, those documents are like children....doesn't matter how old they get, you still worry about them!!! It's midnight...where ARE they? Wouldn't it be a lot easier and less stressful to order duplicates from your University to use for your PG application? Cheers.

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Thats funny mate :)

Pippin said:
Poor Nitroxn, still fretting about that application! LOL I tell you, those documents are like children....doesn't matter how old they get, you still worry about them!!! It's midnight...where ARE they? Wouldn't it be a lot easier and less stressful to order duplicates from your University to use for your PG application? Cheers.

lamhey

Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

as far im concerned, we dnt need to send the original true transcripts.

as u hav already sent them, I think u hav to wait at least 4-6 months to get them back, if they r on the queue. In that case, I agree with Pippan, u should go to balkhu to get another copies of the transcripts, but, yeh, I can feel ur worrying.

cheers
lamhey

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have sent the original transcript or marksheets?

There is difference between the two, hope you know.

You may request a new transcript from University any time. But if you request the marksheet it would be issued as a duplicate copy marked on it and a long process vs transcript.

So for your further study first get the transcript (it should be acceptable if you are applying in India) and then you may apply for marksheet.

Another way is to recall your application but no one knows how long it takes and you would also not like to withdraw your application.

I read that once the process is complete VO returns all originals....but it may be case specific and no guarentee

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
p.aparna78 said:
May I know what is the difference between Transcript and Mark Statements? I hope both are same.
Hi,

It is same aparna some call is mark sheet some transcripts.

Cheers
Saki

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
nitroxn said:
My original transcripts were sealed in an envelope, I specifically inquired VISA office of New Delhi for the original transcripts.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t51529.0.html
However, most the members in the forum send only notarized copies. I am thinking for applying for postgraduate degrees so I might need my originals. How long does take for the VO to return the originals. Are physical files transferred between CIO and VO. Getting the transcripts back from the VO might be easier than getting it from CIO?

Any such similar experience. Please share.
Well, to my understanding, what NITROXN sent was the ORIGINAL transcripts, meaning, what he got from his university/college after graduation. He did not get another original from the university for immigration purpose, but sent his only originals to the CIO.

As suggested already, he will have to wait until he hears back from CIO about the status of his application.

Indira Prabhakaran.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
indira_prab said:
Well, to my understanding, what NITROXN sent was the ORIGINAL transcripts, meaning, what he got from his university/college after graduation. He did not get another original from the university for immigration purpose, but sent his only originals to the CIO.

As suggested already, he will have to wait until he hears back from CIO about the status of his application.

Indira Prabhakaran.
Another original can still be requested from the university.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Submitted
Yeah had my transcripts re-made but it is marked "duplicate".

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
Pippin said:
lolz