+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent in a wrong salary certificate. What to do now?

amitgupta7277

Oct 29, 2023
Hello everyone. I very recently applied for PR through Express Entry. I am an outland applicant from India and the work experience that I'm using is from 2017 to 2018. However I was paid in cash for this work experience.

To provide some additional docs to IRCC, I attached a salary certificate. However, after submitting my file, I got to know that there were some mistakes in the certificate. First mistake: it mentioned my tenure with the company in MM-YYYY format instead of listing the exact date in DD-MM-YYYY format. Even though it's MM-YYYY format, my experience was still a few months above the required minimum 12 months experience that IRCC demands.

Second mistake: the accounting person forgot to mention that my salary was paid monthly and he also forgot to mention my annual salary too. I looked at the completeness check of IRCC and indeed, they ask for annual salary plus benefits instead of a monthly one. Instead the accountant made a mistake and wrote how long I worked for with the company, my salary components but he forgot to add that I was paid every month. However, my original reference letter does mention that I was paid a monthly salary of xxx. But I think even that is not enough since IRCC asks for annual salary.

Now that I have already submitted my file a few days ago, is it possible that I can upload a new and updated salary certificate that mentions my monthly and yearly salary, and that also mentions my exact start dates in DD-MM-YYYY form? That should overcome any discrepancies in the old salary certificate and reference letter.

I'm worried that If R10 happens before my webform is acknowledged, will I get refused because my salary certificate has mistakes? I would like to reiterate that my reference letter does mention my monthly salary but doesn't mention by annual salary and I was hoping that providing a new and updated salary certificate will fix both of the issues.

I'm doing the whole process by myself without any consultant so any help or tips will be appreciated.