+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors - need advise for ECA ..little urgent please

CanadaPR90

Star Member
Dec 29, 2009
Hello Seniors/Experts,

Due to my personal situation, I have less time to apply so I need to expedite my application. Could any senior/expert please confirm following points as I am just checking that I am not missing anything before I start ECA in next 1-2 days and my understanding is correct

My Education – 4 years Bachelor of Engg in Industrial Engg from one of the top 10 colleges in India and 2 years Master of Science from USA in Industrial Engg and will be applying under IT occupation

Spouse – 4.5 years Bachelors in Physiotherapy and 2 years MBA in Health care (both from India)

1- Out of all agencies mentioned on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp#designated WES is the fastest to process ECA - 20 business days ?

2- On the link https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/ when we select India and University education, on same page this appears “ For applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip (12+3+2) for evaluation click here” when we click the link this text appears “For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three-year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2), you must also provide your Bachelor’s degree documents. WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents.”
It is written if 3 years BE degree then BE assessment also needed with masters. As mine is 4 years BE degree so only Masters assessment is needed ? and Same for spouse ?

3- On the same link when we select India and University education there are 3 points coming 1- Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)2- Annual Statement of Marks/Official Transcript 3 -. Confirmation of Doctoral Degree Conferral
So for degree from India (from colleges which are not autonomous) we just need to send either Final Degree Certificate or Annual marksheets –and no need to send both Degree and marksheets ?

4- Also under point 2 Annual Statement of Marks/Official Transcript , To check if your college has autonomous status, click here , following link opens https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/colleges/autonomous_colleges-list.pdf and NONE of the top colleges like IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) or IIM are in list which means only point 1 (Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)) is valid for non autonomous colleges ?

5 On the same link https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/ when we select USA and Higher Education, only 1 option of Academic transcripts is showing up unlike India which supports point 3 that only 1 option we need to pick

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Hello,

i guess you had asked a similar question yesterday and got some replies from the Forum members. Here is a quick brief for you still.

1 - It does not matter if you did your engineering from Stanford university or Dagdu college. What matters is that the institution is recognized by WES. the score you receive on your EE does not change based on the institution you studied.
2 - If you have to evaluate your masters, your bachelors will need to be evaluated as well.
3 - you will need to attest all Marks sheets (8 semesters for engineering) + Degree (convocation certificate). Same for your Masters. Place them in a sealed envelope and ensure there is a seal of the university on the back.
4 - Its best to follow the same procedure for your US degree as well. However, i have no experience with this.

Nishant.

CanadaPR90

Star Member
Dec 29, 2009
Hello,

i guess you had asked a similar question yesterday and got some replies from the Forum members. Here is a quick brief for you still.

1 - It does not matter if you did your engineering from Stanford university or Dagdu college. What matters is that the institution is recognized by WES. the score you receive on your EE does not change based on the institution you studied.
2 - If you have to evaluate your masters, your bachelors will need to be evaluated as well.
3 - you will need to attest all Marks sheets (8 semesters for engineering) + Degree (convocation certificate). Same for your Masters. Place them in a sealed envelope and ensure there is a seal of the university on the back.
4 - Its best to follow the same procedure for your US degree as well. However, i have no experience with this.

Nishant.
Thanks Nishant again.

Actually I am in US currently and bachelors I have done from India so its challenging to get the degrees etc from India ....my father being senior citizen so I checked the agencies sites in detail today ....yesterday I think harry also was suggesting I could get ECA for masters ONLY.....If you have not seen, request you to please see links in my query points 2,3 and 4 and to me it seems if bachelors of 4 years we can do ECA for masters.....sorry for asking you again....to check links...

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
I guess it
Thanks Nishant again.

Actually I am in US currently and bachelors I have done from India so its challenging to get the degrees etc from India ....my father being senior citizen so I checked the agencies sites in detail today ....yesterday I think harry also was suggesting I could get ECA for masters ONLY.....If you have not seen, request you to please see links in my query points 2,3 and 4 and to me it seems if bachelors of 4 years we can do ECA for masters.....sorry for asking you again....to check links...
In this case i guess lets wait for other members to comment. i dont want to misguide you by answering about something i dont know.

Nishant.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Provided your US Masters is from a recognized school, no need to get your bachelors assessed.

CanadaPR90

Star Member
Dec 29, 2009
Provided your US Masters is from a recognized school, no need to get your bachelors assessed.
Thanks mgnlky ! Also for spouse if Bachelors college is blacklisted in one of the agency (not WES), we could just do her Masters for her ?

She has 4 years Bachelors in Physiotherapy and MBA in health (both degrees from India)

rashmiaro

Jan 16, 2017
If you personally cannot visit your university to get the transcripts etc, u can avail the services of many private agencies available on the internet to get your transcripts.

Also many universities like Delhi university can send you / assessing body the transcripts directly.

Try approaching your university through email / call.