+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors: An LMO, WP and Job Contract will qualify for PR-FSW, How true?

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
I just got my LMO - for a 38 skills list. and will be submitting my application for TWP next week.

1.My LMO is gained thru accomodation - its my wife's skill that my employer wanted to fill but her
LMOwas denied. We agreed that my wife can ride on my positive LMO. Therefore, i will be welcome
by employer only if my wife is also on board.

2. TWP will allow the whole family to travel but, my wife will be needing an LMO (denied previously) and
may not be able to get a WP inside Canada.

3. If we take #2, how do we satisfy the IO that we will come back, when the whole family is travelling
to Canada? Our intention is to really migrate - i've read about dual intent before. Your expert views
please.

4. How true that i can qualify to apply for PR with LMO, WP and Contract of Employment?

5. LMO will expire in Feb. 2010 - If i get my WP in 3 months and thereafter apply for PR 6 in months
the waiting time will reach my LMO expiration, moreso,if PR processes takes more than 6 months.
What is the consequence of an expired LMO to PR application?

6. CIC website says processing for FSW will be 6-12 months. Canadian Embassy in Manila website
posting says its still 48 months. Is there anyone whose PR appl;ication gets processed under the
new intructions?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vivenhs said:
I just got my LMO - for a 38 skills list. and will be submitting my application for TWP next week.

1.My LMO is gained thru accomodation - its my wife's skill that my employer wanted to fill but her
LMOwas denied. We agreed that my wife can ride on my positive LMO. Therefore, i will be welcome
by employer only if my wife is also on board.

2. TWP will allow the whole family to travel but, my wife will be needing an LMO (denied previously) and
may not be able to get a WP inside Canada.

3. If we take #2, how do we satisfy the IO that we will come back, when the whole family is travelling
to Canada? Our intention is to really migrate - i've read about dual intent before. Your expert views
please.

4. How true that i can qualify to apply for PR with LMO, WP and Contract of Employment?

5. LMO will expire in Feb. 2010 - If i get my WP in 3 months and thereafter apply for PR 6 in months
the waiting time will reach my LMO expiration, moreso,if PR processes takes more than 6 months.
What is the consequence of an expired LMO to PR application?

6. CIC website says processing for FSW will be 6-12 months. Canadian Embassy in Manila website
posting says its still 48 months. Is there anyone whose PR appl;ication gets processed under the
new intructions?
1. Please note that LMOs are now only valid for 6 months, if you don't use it for TWP by 19/11/09 it expires.
2. If your work permit is in NOC category A,B, or O your spouse can apply for a spousal open work permit. If not she has to get her own LMO.
3. If your job's salary doesn't support a family of 4 it is unlikely that your spouse and children will receive TRVs as visitor
4. You can apply if you your job is in NOC or A,B, or O and you have an offer of a permanent job from the employer. Otherwise your job has to be in the "list" or you have worked for 1 year in Canada.

PMM

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
Thank you very much PMM

Please correct my understanding:
Re use of LMO - to secure WP or/and to travel report for work?
When WP is secured the expiree of the WP prevails over the expiree of the LMO?
Will a 2 year contract qualify as Permanent job offer?

- please provide me a link to pursue the ffg:

1. I'm want to know more on spousal open work permit;
2. Information on salaries vs. size of family (i have 4 kids)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vivenhs said:
Thank you very much PMM

Please correct my understanding:
Re use of LMO - to secure WP or/and to travel report for work?
When WP is secured the expiree of the WP prevails over the expiree of the LMO?
Will a 2 year contract qualify as Permanent job offer?

- please provide me a link to pursue the ffg:

1. I'm want to know more on spousal open work permit;
2. Information on salaries vs. size of family (i have 4 kids)
1. The LMO is only valid for 6 months, if you don't get a work permit within that time, you need an extension.
2. No a 2 year contract is not a permanent job.
3. Your job has to be a skilled one, as I said in NOC AB. or O it cannot be a semi skilled one (counter attendent etc) if your spouse is to get an open work permit.
4. CHC will look at the salary you will be paid in Canada, to see if it is enough to support 4 people. For example students require 10K per year for living expenses. If they base on student living expenses you would require at least 18K after taxes. for a family of 4.

PMM

PMM

vivenhs

Nov 27, 2008
PMM

I'm did not mention that my job offer is for a full time job with a 2 year contract, renewable depending on work permit status after end of contract. If it's not a permanent job offer, What would constitute one?

Thanks a million,

vivenhs