+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport for PR with return shipping from US

shreyas99

Sep 9, 2020
Hi, I have recently received the ready for visa email which asks to submit the passport to canada for further PR processing. However I currently reside in USA, I have tried fedex and UPS so far and both refused to ship my package with prepaid return shipping due to custom/duties invoice restrictions. Has anyone faced this issue before, I have tried contracting IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but haven't response so far.

bosma_pol

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hey - as soon as you use the word return, FedEx and UPS folks freak out...

1) Get your docs together
2) Purchase a UPS or FedEx envelope
3) Set up an account with either (depending on what envelope you get)
4) Create a shipping label from CPC-Ottawa to your home, pay online and print out
5) Fill in one of the templates of a commercial invoice and print out three copies (important for customs, this was the most confusing part for me...)
5) Put the envelope, shipping level and your docs in a larger envelope/padded bag
6) Go to a physical UPS or FedEx store and ask them to ship the whole package to Canada. Tell them to mark your package as documents with no commercial value

Reactions: shreyas99

shreyas99

Sep 9, 2020
Hey - as soon as you use the word return, FedEx and UPS folks freak out...

1) Get your docs together
2) Purchase a UPS or FedEx envelope
3) Set up an account with either (depending on what envelope you get)
4) Create a shipping label from CPC-Ottawa to your home, pay online and print out
5) Fill in one of the templates of a commercial invoice and print out three copies (important for customs, this was the most confusing part for me...)
5) Put the envelope, shipping level and your docs in a larger envelope/padded bag
6) Go to a physical UPS or FedEx store and ask them to ship the whole package to Canada. Tell them to mark your package as documents with no commercial value
Thanks that was very helpful! ..How long did it take for them to return the passports?

CVUser1234

Jun 15, 2021
Hi, I have recently received the ready for visa email which asks to submit the passport to canada for further PR processing. However I currently reside in USA, I have tried fedex and UPS so far and both refused to ship my package with prepaid return shipping due to custom/duties invoice restrictions. Has anyone faced this issue before, I have tried contracting IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but haven't response so far.
Someone documented their experience in detail recently here: Sending passport from USA to Canada | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

Reactions: shreyas99

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
I have sent my Passport to CPC ottawa received by J.Joe last week, How many weeks they take to return your passports?

vchavan2

Feb 5, 2024
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-08-2023
hi, how long did your passport processing take?
Here is my timeline for sending my passport from the United States, hope it helps.

Passport sent to Case Processing Centre Ottowa via FedEx- Apr 20, 2024
Passport delivered to CPCO via FedEx - Apr 22, 2024
Final decision approved on GC Key with counterfoil details - Apr 25, 2024
Passport with visa and COPR received - Apr 29, 2024