28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
Hi all,

I need to find a cheaper way to send money to my Canadian bank account. I have my FM3 and am working, and they put money in my Bamamex, which has a Master Card attached to the bank card. They, and many other banks, want about $50 to $80 Canadian dollars equivalent as a service charge. The only way to make my monthly $81 car payments is through my Canadian bank account (TD). I tried sending money from my Banamex to my Mexican Pay Pal in hopes that I could thereafter send it from the Mexican Pay Pal to my Canadian Pay Pal, and then into my TD account, but the Mexican Pay Pal refuses my Banamex card. Unfortunately I have no friends who are willing to go to Money Gram or WU ob a monthly basis for me.... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope it helps.

I sent some money (with my credit card) to my Paypal (canadian) then transferred to CIBC. (I only used Canadian paypal)

or

I went to bank in S. korea and wired money to my bank account (CIBC)
if you know your bank account no. and regional code etc, you could to that too.
CIBC charged $20 every transition under CDN 5000.(not sure about fee in TD)

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Is it possible to change your Mexican bank, or where they deposit the money, to one that works with Paypal?

I currently use Paypal but it has really awful exchange rates from USD>CAD, can't think of an easier way to transfer small amounts of money every few weeks or so for USD bills though.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The cheapest way to send money to Canada would be sending them to my bank account - i pay all transaction fees and also say a big thank you! :)

And seriously, you can get buy bank drafts or traveler cheques on your name and mail it to yourself.

Dazyb

Oct 21, 2015
Hello
Had you considered using a foreign exchange broker service? By far these companies are the cheapest and most easy way of transferring funds from one country to another. Many offer "no fee" transfers. They make their profits via the spread between the buy & sell margins. In every case you will get a better rate than any bank and without fees it's even cheaper for you. As a rule they do not except cash, only bank transfer or debit card payment of the amount you want to transfer and they then convert your currency into Can$ and transfer straight to your nominated bank a/c. You can either make the deal via phone or via internet and some brokers also set up regular standing orders so you don't have to repeat the process time and again.

bradybunchmom

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
Over the years we have tried several ways including PayPal and bank transfers. Currently checks have worked best. Haven't been charged any fees or had any holds on them. We use CIBC and Wells Fargo in the states.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
Dazyb said:
Hello
Had you considered using a foreign exchange broker service? By far these companies are the cheapest and most easy way of transferring funds from one country to another. Many offer "no fee" transfers. They make their profits via the spread between the buy & sell margins. In every case you will get a better rate than any bank and without fees it's even cheaper for you. As a rule they do not except cash, only bank transfer or debit card payment of the amount you want to transfer and they then convert your currency into Can$ and transfer straight to your nominated bank a/c. You can either make the deal via phone or via internet and some brokers also set up regular standing orders so you don't have to repeat the process time and again.
I've never heard of that before; we'll look into it! We used Western Union because we still didn't find anything convenient and time was running out. I should have just given the car back to the dealership! Oh well, when it's time to come back home in a few years we will still have a car :D

Adnoor

Jun 18, 2023
Are you using PayPal but concerned about transaction fees? No need to worry! We have the solution: the Paypal Fee Calculator . It's here to assist you in calculating transaction fees worldwide.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Topbos Domino Higgs RP stands out as a leading contender, and this guide aims to offer a thorough overview, exploring different aspects of the game. It covers in-depth insights into Topbos Domino Higgs RP, encompassing its features, gameplay experience, community engagement, technical specifications, valuable tips and tricks, as well as a step-by-step guide on downloading and installing the game.
Nothing to do with sending money. Why don't you post your message in a gaming platform such as steam?