+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send Passport of a US born Kid as well ?

manojkapri

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are doing well. I have received PPR email and have this million dollar question now about my kid who was born in the US and holds a US passport.
Parents are Indian and currently all of us are staying in India.

Do I also need to send my kid's passport for stamping the PR now ? Or is it just the parents ?

Kindly suggest.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
You need to send your passport plus a photocopy of US citizen child's passport. The RFV mail would describe what to do for either case: people who need a visa and people who don't. Just apply those procedures separately for you and your child.

manojkapri

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Thanks, after a careful reading, I do see I might not have to.
Last 6 lines below probably confirm that.

If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to
submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be
valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you
must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:

o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence
visa or permit.
o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and
holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data
page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be
any loose pages.

b. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport
is from the United States
, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages
containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any
accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their
original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not
send your original passport(s).