+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send application package again due to being rejected on first attempt

NextCanadian

Jun 8, 2015
Good day; hope you are well..... Could you please help me with the following:

My citizenship application was rejected because IRCC is asking for an additional document (nothing serios, fortunately). That initial application was signed at the end of Nov. 2022 and sent to IRRC and received by IRCC in Dec. 2022, so it was within the 90 days period set by IRCC (the date when received by IRCC shouldn't be more than 90 days after the date when the application was signed).

I have now the additional document, and will send the application package back to IRCC. However, it is now more than 90 days since when the presence-in-canada calculator form was produced and the application signed. Hence, my questions are:

1. Do I need to redo the the presence-in-canada calculator file and the signature page (as you know the dates on these two documents should be consistent) ?
Or the initial version of these documents (produced/signed in Nov. 2022) are still valid and will be accepted by IRCC ......

2. Once I send the updated application package back to IRCC, do the IRCC will process my application upon reception or it will be considered as a whole new application and will be put on the normal queue ? This queue is currently taking about 2-3 months, which will delay even more my process ....

Thanks and Regards

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Good day; hope you are well..... Could you please help me with the following:

My citizenship application was rejected because IRCC is asking for an additional document (nothing serios, fortunately). That initial application was signed at the end of Nov. 2022 and sent to IRRC and received by IRCC in Dec. 2022, so it was within the 90 days period set by IRCC (the date when received by IRCC shouldn't be more than 90 days after the date when the application was signed).

I have now the additional document, and will send the application package back to IRCC. However, it is now more than 90 days since when the presence-in-canada calculator form was produced and the application signed. Hence, my questions are:

1. Do I need to redo the the presence-in-canada calculator file and the signature page (as you know the dates on these two documents should be consistent) ?
Or the initial version of these documents (produced/signed in Nov. 2022) are still valid and will be accepted by IRCC ......

2. Once I send the updated application package back to IRCC, do the IRCC will process my application upon reception or it will be considered as a whole new application and will be put on the normal queue ? This queue is currently taking about 2-3 months, which will delay even more my process ....

Thanks and Regards
1. Yes, redo.
2. Since the application was rejected, consider this time as lost time.