+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Semi-skilled worker category Employer driven Food service industry

Eskimo2026

Apr 10, 2014
Hi there, i have a couple of questions about this category and i tried to find answers online but so far i couldnt find anything.
I have a LMO for a food counter attendant but i recently became supervisor... i suppose if that happened few months ago i would had just ask a new lmo but now, with all the new rules, it will be totally impossible for me to get a new LMO.
So my question is, can i use my current LMO to apply for an AINP? I know i fill up all criterias but are they gonna come and check the Cafe im currently working? My job is the same, its just i had a pay rise and few more responsabilites... what are the risk for my employer? can he get in troubles because of that?
Someone told me that they are really checking very carefully your background... even than they contact all your ex employers and some ex co-workers to ask them about you... is it true or is it an urban legend?
I know i shouldnt lie, but its really just a little modification of my situation... i just dont want to get my boss in trouble :)
Thanks for your help guys, and sorry if this topic has already been treated somewhere, i really cant see it anywhere.

Eskimo2026

Apr 10, 2014
Do someone has an answer for me? anybody?
or a useful link or anything?
thanks! i really need an answer this week...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You needed to obtain a new LMO and new work permit to move up to a supervisor position. So right now you are working illegally which could certainly get your employer in trouble (make it more difficult to hire foreign workers in the future) and certainly create problems for you (have your work permit canceled and ordered to leave Canada).