+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employment Vs Employee

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hi, I have a question regarding the proof of employment for express entry.

I have worked as a self-employed from 2016 till 2022 with my name as a co-owner in my company's establishment paperwork, and my name as a general manager employee in the company in my passport.

Can I choose to provide proof of employment as an employee since it's a lot easier? meaning can I provide reference letter from my company or should I go with self-employment requirements such as providing "documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details" which will be very hard to do given the nature of my work?

Thanks!

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi, I have a question regarding the proof of employment for express entry.

I have worked as a self-employed from 2016 till 2022 with my name as a co-owner in my company's establishment paperwork, and my name as a general manager employee in the company in my passport.

Can I choose to provide proof of employment as an employee since it's a lot easier? meaning can I provide reference letter from my company or should I go with self-employment requirements such as providing "documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details" which will be very hard to do given the nature of my work?

Thanks!
Go self employed way
What is the difficulty?
Employee way is risky

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Go self employed way
What is the difficulty?
Employee way is risky
I can't provide documentations from third parties, I can only show contracts with vendors and clients, income proof, but no documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details.

What do you think should be the best way to go?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I can't provide documentations from third parties, I can only show contracts with vendors and clients, income proof, but no documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details.

What do you think should be the best way to go?
Apart from work contracts do you have bills / invoices and payment proof ?

Any purchase expenses to provide service?

Send email request to vendors for reference letter and attach those emails as efforts for evidence

They don't reject genuine cases

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Apart from work contracts do you have bills / invoices and payment proof ?

Any purchase expenses to provide service?

Send email request to vendors for reference letter and attach those emails as efforts for evidence

They don't reject genuine cases
I can provide invoices, payment proof, purchase invoices, where to buy webpages on my vendors' websites showing my company's name as their official distributor, website & email payment confirmation, would that be enough?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I can provide invoices, payment proof, purchase invoices, where to buy webpages on my vendors' websites showing my company's name as their official distributor, website & email payment confirmation, would that be enough?
Yes
That would be fine , make a detailed letter of explanation and attach the evidence , choose randomly (not too few, not too many)

Reactions: hiato