+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employment - did not add reference letters from clients

mixill

Apr 29, 2023
Hello,

I applied the 19th of April to FSW Entry express (AOR the same day).

Regarding my professional experience, I owned a company during 9 years. I was the CEO of this company. As documents, I provided :

1) a reference letter signed by myself (as CEO of my company), indicating that I was working full time (40 hours per week), indicating annual gross salary for each year, and describing my activities and duties as CEO
2) Company’s statutes signed and published when the company was formed, proving ownership and the fact that I was CEO
3) All payslips of December of each year (also showing annual cumulated salary)
4) Some invoices chosen randomly, one per year
5) Balance sheets and annual financial reports of each fiscal year, produced and signed by certified accountancy firm
6) the URL of company website

At the time I prepared all these documents, I believed that the balance sheets and annual financial reports established by the accountancy firm would be sufficient as “third-party” documents. But I saw in this forum that a lot of self employed applicants also provided reference letters of their clients, describing the services provided or the duties/activities.

So I am worried : should I also have provided reference letters of clients ? Is there a chance that the documents I provided are sufficient for IRCC ? or is there a chance that I receive ADR from IRCC agent ? Or, worse : direct refusal of my application ?

Should I wait or should I send a Webform with reference letters, even if the Webform is read in two months from now because of IRCC strike ? What is your advice ?

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
I am self employed and I provided two reference letters from clients. I would add the reference letters if I were you. I think the purpose of the reference letters are to confirm your NOC code. All the financial documents that you provided do not say anything about the NOC code and self-declarations are not accepted.

Reactions: Naturgrl