+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

mpgc

Apr 9, 2024
Hello! I received my PAL yesterday. I was excited, but then they asked me for a criminal record certificate from Mexico, and I'm not Mexican. I studied in Mexico 22 years ago... could that be why they asked for it? They sent me a letter to request the certificate in Mexico, but I have no idea how to do it. I don't live there, and I don't know anyone there... I already wrote to the email from which they requested this document, but they haven't responded. Maybe they made a mistake? Or is it normal for them to ask for this document from a country I was in 22 years ago? Does anyone know of a similar case?:rolleyes:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello! I received my PAL yesterday. I was excited, but then they asked me for a criminal record certificate from Mexico, and I'm not Mexican. I studied in Mexico 22 years ago... could that be why they asked for it? They sent me a letter to request the certificate in Mexico, but I have no idea how to do it. I don't live there, and I don't know anyone there... I already wrote to the email from which they requested this document, but they haven't responded. Maybe they made a mistake? Or is it normal for them to ask for this document from a country I was in 22 years ago? Does anyone know of a similar case?:rolleyes:
If you studied in Mexico then you lived there for more than 6 months. Or did you just go there for a couple of months? If more than 6 months you need PCC. Dont’ need to be Mexican citizen to be asked to provide PCC for Mexico. Google IRCC police certificate.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

You must get a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

Click link below for instruction on how to get Mexico police record by IRCC
IRCC Mexico police record How to