+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Opinions/Advice re: IEC Working Holiday to CEC

jkw3lli

Aug 22, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Sorry, this turned out a bit rant-ish, but I'm just trying to be thorough.

I'm currently in Canada on my IEC Working Holiday Visa/ Open Work Permit which will expire on 7 Dec 2017

Currently Sitting in EE pool at 419 points
(no job offer, 2 year education ECA, 1 year Canadian work experience, IELTS all 8+)

I want to know if it's worth adding foreign work experience from back in 2010-2012 to boost my points as that's the last time I had one year+ of continuous employment. I'm not sure if I will be able to get a recommendation letter, and I would rather not have to go through the hassle of chasing a company I haven't been in touch with for years and isn't relevant to my NOC code for my current career. Do you think the points will go down enough for me in the next month for me to get an ITA? I have my fingers crossed but you never know.

I know my next steps are: get ITA - apply eAPR - apply and receive Bridging Open Work Permit before current one expires.

Secondary question: seeing as my start date in my current (and only) job in Canada is one week after my arrival for my current work permit, does that mean I will never be able to reach 2 years Canadian work experience because I will be short one week? That seems insanely unreasonable to me. Because if I'm not invited and have to return home in December, I would need that extra year experience to boost my score.

With it becoming increasingly difficult to get an LMIA for employers (NOC level B) my current employer is unable to help me with a job offer and my industry is contract based and extremely rare to get permanent or fulltime employment for over a year at a time. Is it now nearly impossible for IEC candidates to get PR through express entry?