+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking asylum

Mulugeta

Dec 9, 2017
Israel
Category........
I am Eritrean refugee living in Israel. I don’t have any one can help from Canada. I can’t counting living like this in Israel. Please any one can help !!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will need to be officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR and then identified for resettlement in Canada by UNHCR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes you are right but they rejected us
In that case your only option would be to obtain a visitor visa (TRV), fly to Canada and then claim asylum when you arrive here. Unfortunately I expect it will be difficult for you to obtain a TRV. To be approved, you have to demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country / country of residence (these are things like employment, property, assets) and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

R

rish888

Israel is a pretty nice place. Under what status are you living in Israel? If you are Jewish, or have a parent or grandparent who is Jewish, you can make Aliyah. (This grants you Israeli citizenship and an Israeli passport, which a pretty useful travel document.)

Any reason you cannot continue living in Israel? Also assuming you have some sort of permanent asylum/refugee status in Israel it is unlikely Canada will accept you as a refugee even if you make it to Canada, because Israel is a safe, stable, and democratic country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Israel is a pretty nice place. Under what status are you living in Israel? If you are Jewish, or have a parent or grandparent who is Jewish, you can make Aliyah. (This grants you Israeli citizenship and an Israeli passport, which a pretty useful travel document.)

Any reason you cannot continue living in Israel? Also assuming you have some sort of permanent asylum/refugee status in Israel it is unlikely Canada will accept you as a refugee even if you make it to Canada, because Israel is a safe, stable, and democratic country.
The OP is Eritrean.

R

rish888

The OP is Eritrean.
Ik. Regardless of his citizenship he can make Aliyah with Jewish ancestry. One the question of asylum in Canada, assuming he some sort of permanent residency status/refugee status in Israel I doubt Canada would accept his claim.

If there is no permanency to his status in Israel, then he has a chance in Canada if he can get a TRV.

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ik. Regardless of his citizenship he can make Aliyah with Jewish ancestry. One the question of asylum in Canada, assuming he some sort of permanent residency status/refugee status in Israel I doubt Canada would accept his claim.

If there is no permanency to his status in Israel, then he has a chance in Canada if he can get a TRV.
Don't think the OP has Jewish ancestry. Living in Israel is not very comfortable as a refugee. Ì assume he is also trying to avoid being resettled in Rwanda.

Unfortunately there is little chance for him to get to Canada although I have heard that some Jewish groups have sponsored refugees living in Israel under private sponsorships.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Don't think the OP has Jewish ancestry. Living in Israel is not very comfortable as a refugee. Ì assume he is also trying to avoid being resettled in Rwanda.
I think he's Eritrean (not from Rwanda). Rwanda is in pretty good shape these days as things go.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Israel has an agreement with Rwanda to resettle refugees that don't want to be returned to their own country.
Got it - interesting.

R

rish888

Unfortunately there is little chance for him to get to Canada although I have heard that some Jewish groups have sponsored refugees living in Israel under private sponsorships.
I agree the Sabras are not a big fan of refugees, but Israel is definitely one of safest places for a person to live. I cannot attest to the level of discomfort refugees may face, but I cannot be as bad as what goes on in other countries.

I brought up Jewish ancestry because sometimes going back going back a few generations it would be surprising what you can find. The bar for Aliyah is pretty low, all you need is one female Jewish maternal great-grandparent to qualify. May not apply to the OP, but thought it was worth a mention.

The OP needs to get a TRV to Canada if he wants asylum status. Alternatively he should explore his options in Israel. They may be options to stay in Israel, though I cannot comment on this. I'm not the biggest fan of Israel's handing of the influx of asylum seekers, but if the OP explores his options he may get lucky.

Best thing to do is DO NOT SIGN ANY DOCUMENTS THE ISRAELIS GIVE YOU. DO NOT AGREE TO VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE.