+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice: Reference Letter Challenge for Canada Express Entry

CanDre2023

Aug 25, 2023
Hello all,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking some guidance on a situation I'm navigating. I worked diligently at my previous company for 3 years and have now set my sights on Canada's Express Entry program. However, obtaining a reference letter, a crucial requirement, has become a hurdle.

Interestingly, I started at the company on the same day as a colleague who later left after 2 years. I'm contemplating reaching out to them for a reference letter. If anyone has encountered a similar scenario or has advice to share, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you so much for your time and insights!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello all,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking some guidance on a situation I'm navigating. I worked diligently at my previous company for 3 years and have now set my sights on Canada's Express Entry program. However, obtaining a reference letter, a crucial requirement, has become a hurdle.

Interestingly, I started at the company on the same day as a colleague who later left after 2 years. I'm contemplating reaching out to them for a reference letter. If anyone has encountered a similar scenario or has advice to share, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you so much for your time and insights!
Here's an entire thread on this topic: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

You don't need to notarize anything though(as suggested in the thread).