+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice on eTA Application After Prior Inadmissibility

meyti

Oct 16, 2017
Any help is appreciated.

Story: I was living in Canada as a student. Once, my Canadian visa expired, so I applied from inside Canada for a new one. Unintentionally, I did not mention my previous USA visa rejection in the visa application form. Unfortunately, this resulted in a five-year inadmissibility to Canada due to misrepresentation. I left Canada, and now the five years of inadmissibility have passed.

Situation: I have since obtained citizenship in a European country and am exempt from needing a visa for Canada. Therefore, I applied for an eTA, fully disclosing all previous visa rejections. It has been five days, and I have not received any news.

Questions:

1. What should I expect?
  2. Will my eTA eventually be approved?
  3. In case of rejection, how should I appeal and is it possible to go to Federal court?
Thanks in advance!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Any help is appreciated.

Story: I was living in Canada as a student. Once, my Canadian visa expired, so I applied from inside Canada for a new one. Unintentionally, I did not mention my previous USA visa rejection in the visa application form. Unfortunately, this resulted in a five-year inadmissibility to Canada due to misrepresentation. I left Canada, and now the five years of inadmissibility have passed.

Situation: I have since obtained citizenship in a European country and am exempt from needing a visa for Canada. Therefore, I applied for an eTA, fully disclosing all previous visa rejections. It has been five days, and I have not received any news.

Questions:

1. What should I expect?
  3. In case of rejection, how should I appeal and is it possible to go to Federal court?
Thanks in advance!
You’ll just have to wait to see how the chips fall

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks! I just want to be prepared in case things don't go well for me. Do you have any advice on how I should proceed with the court process?
You would hire a lawyer in Canada to represent you.

Reactions: meyti

Roghayeh

May 17, 2024
Any help is appreciated.

Questions:

1. What should I expect?
Thanks in advance!
Hello I am in almost same situation as you five years ago. In my refusal letter I does not mentioned I am banned for 5 years. I just got refused and asked to leave immediately. It letter it was not saying that I have 90 days to apply fir restoration. I talked with a lawyer and I applied for restoration in 90 days anyway. no news by now.

So how did you know exactly you are banned? I am very nervous and things are really unclear. Can you a bit explain how did you get that ban exactly?

I hope things go well this time for you.

Reactions: meyti

meyti

Oct 16, 2017
Update on my eTA in case someone needs it in furture:

I received a letter requesting the following documents:
  1. Schedule 1: A newly completed Schedule 1 Application for a Temporary Residence Visa (IMM 5257).
  2. Family Information: A completed Immediate Family Information Form (IMM5707).
  3. Purpose of Travel: Details of my intended stay in Canada, including locations and dates.
  4. CV/Resume: A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) covering my personal history (academic/professional) for the last ten years, including dates, positions, and detailed descriptions of duties.
  5. Rental/Lease: Details of my residential addresses for the past ten years.
  6. Employment Records: Proof of employment, such as a recent letter indicating the start date, pay rate, and regular hours per week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roghayeh and scylla