+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice for H&C PR application

mukesh3j

Sep 27, 2015
Hi,

I am planning to apply for my parents PR under H&C grounds. I had a few questions that I was seeking answer to.

I am a single dad with young kids (one in KG). My wife passed away about 4 years back and my parents have been staying with since helping raise the kids. They are currently on Supervisa status.
1. Can I apply to change their residency to permanent on the above grounds even though they have Supervisa status.
2. Also, does a rejection of their H&C application lead to cancellation of their Supervisa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am planning to apply for my parents PR under H&C grounds. I had a few questions that I was seeking answer to.

I am a single dad with young kids (one in KG). My wife passed away about 4 years back and my parents have been staying with since helping raise the kids. They are currently on Supervisa status.
1. Can I apply to change their residency to permanent on the above grounds even though they have Supervisa status.
2. Also, does a rejection of their H&C application lead to cancellation of their Supervisa.
1. You can certainly try. Ideally you are their only child.
2. IRCC won't necessarily cancel the super visa however entering Canada, getting a new visa approved or getting an extension to a visit from within Canada will become much more difficult after an H&C refusal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your ability to support your parents financially along with your children, unless your parents can show they have enough funds to support themselves in Canada for the rest of their lives may, also may be a factor. The fact that your children seem to be attending school full-time now also can be a negative. H&C system is so overwhelmed, including by children trying to bypass PGP, that IRCC may start trying to crack down on parents trying to bypass the PGP process. You do have better arguments than most parent sponsorship applications in H&C but there are plenty of single parents in Canada who also have no family around and manage on their own.

mukesh3j

Sep 27, 2015
Thank you for the responses. It being such a subjective process, the primary concern is I don't want to make it difficult for them to come to/stay in Canada incase of refusal.

Also, I had applied though the PGP process initially but was deemed ineligible to sponsor as income for one year was short by a bit. This was mainly because I had take unpaid leave for a large part of the year to take care of my sick wife. My income before and after is more than sufficient. Does that have any bearing on the H&C application

mukesh3j

Sep 27, 2015
Also is this a complex process requiring the services of an Immigration Consultant or can I do it on my own. (I have always managed all immigration related stuff on my own so far but have read that H&C applications require expertise)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the responses. It being such a subjective process, the primary concern is I don't want to make it difficult for them to come to/stay in Canada incase of refusal.

Also, I had applied though the PGP process initially but was deemed ineligible to sponsor as income for one year was short by a bit. This was mainly because I had take unpaid leave for a large part of the year to take care of my sick wife. My income before and after is more than sufficient. Does that have any bearing on the H&C application
Impossible whether it would be considered as an H&C for PGP. Did you already apply for PGP and were rejected? When? What year was the you did not meet income and why was your approximate income for the other years? If you have very good income for the subsequent years that tends to help.