+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Advice: Applied for PGWP, Unintentional Unauthorized Work, Got a Job Offer while waiting for PGWP decision

Mel5577

Dec 5, 2023
Hi everyone,

I completed my Master's program (2 years) on October 23rd, 2023, and applied for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) on November 19th, 2023. However, I unknowingly continued my part-time job until November 12th, not realizing that I couldn't work post-completion.

Upon learning this, I promptly stopped working following advice from international student advisors at my university. After having applied for the PGWP, I haven't received the temporary work permit (WP-EXT for PGWP - IMM 0127 E). The advisors at the international student office asked me to refrain from working until I get the PGWP. Hence, I haven't been working since the 19th of November, 2023 and it's been very tough for me.

Now, I've received a fantastic job offer from a reputable company that requires a work permit document for employment. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation.

I'm considering presenting the job offer documents to IRCC through a web form. Does anyone think this would help expedite the processing of my PGWP? Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!