+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second refusal of Student Visa Application

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone, I need advice from you to help out my friend regarding his student visa application refusal. His first application has been refused due to below:

current employment situation have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that intended to pursue
personal assets and financial status
purpose of visit
current employment situation

and then, he worked with a consultant in order to solve all the issues and applied once again. Unfortunately, he received his second refusal due to a few reasons this time:
purpose of visit
current employment situation.

he lives in Turkey and presently not working in any companies but he already showed his parents' funds in order to prove that he has sufficient funds. Since the grounds for refusal were downgraded to only the "purpose of visit" and "current employment situation", people suggested him to start to get a job and work for several months and then get a reference letter from the company that shows he will come back to work in the same company after his studies.

What I would like to ask is, if it really makes sense that he "definitely" needs a job to get the student visa or he is making a mistake while applying to the student visa.

Any suggestions would be helpful...

Thanks

Rockyrock

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi ,
Ask your friend to apply for GCMS notes . After getting these notes , the exact reason of refusal will be determined. Just type GCMS note in the search section of this forum.
Also, did your friend submit a statement of purpose alongside other documents? SOP is very necessary to explain why a student wants to study in Canada and why the student would return back to his country of residence .
Course irrelevancy might also play a part in visa rejection . The reasons provided above is vague and the explanation of these terms would be provided in GCMS notes.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone, I need advice from you to help out my friend regarding his student visa application refusal. His first application has been refused due to below:

current employment situation have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that intended to pursue
purpose of visit

and then, he worked with a consultant in order to solve all the issues and applied once again. Unfortunately, he received his second refusal due to a few reasons this time:
purpose of visit

he lives in Turkey and presently not working in any companies but he already showed his parents' funds in order to prove that he has sufficient funds. Since the grounds for refusal were downgraded to only the "purpose of visit" and "current employment situation", people suggested him to start to get a job and work for several months and then get a reference letter from the company that shows he will come back to work in the same company after his studies.

What I would like to ask is, if it really makes sense that he "definitely" needs a job to get the student visa or he is making a mistake while applying to the student visa.

Thanks
if he had stated in his previous application that he had work or have any work experience of whatsoever, he need to show a "reference letter of employment"

Also, age determines certain refusals especially a student visa as the VO will always expect a student of certain age to be working and sort provide an employment letter, study leave and approval etter, employment letter of introduction, payslip, bank statement and CV

BUT also, depending on his case application analyzed by the VO if he's currently unemployed when he applied, his sponsor's employment letter, payslip, bank statement, and property etc would have submerged him

There is no just an actual reason for the "Purpose of Visit" as it relates to so many things which can be guessed upon as you didn't state out his complete application profile.. he should request for his Caips/gcms notes

Reactions: Al Saudi

Olamide319

Nov 1, 2019
Good Day everyone,I was recently denied a study permit based on my current employment situation.in my application I put in there that I am graduate intern which started April 1 Nd I applied Oct 6.please how can i go about this because I want to reapply very soon

jiyamathur0312

Aug 28, 2020
Hi Guys, I also got my study permit refusal 2nd time. I have applied for GCMS notes and will try again only after its receipts.
By reading so many blogs, i understand that rejection reason for purpose of visit is mostly, the course selection which VO thinks that is not suitable for you. Therefore you need to justify the thought process and how this new course will advance your skills and add value for your future employment.

jiyamathur0312

Aug 28, 2020

purpose of visit

purpose of visit

Thanks
Did you get your visa finally? if yes, how and what changes did you do in you application?

jaskaran0512

Feb 7, 2020
Hello everyone!!

My study has been rejected and the reason is "you will not leave Canada after completing your studies". After analyzing all the things, I found a few mistakes like expired LOA, submitted forms were filled wrongly by the agent and SOP is not strong as my brother is already residing in Canada, Is these mistakes have any role in rejection?

Details: India, SDS, done B.com with 4 years of experience as a business developer and my chosen course is supply chain management in Northern College.
Moreover, I applied on 30th May 2020, Medical passed on July 16, 2020, and received a correspondence letter on 18th September 2020 without any AIP prior.

I have received a defer offer letter for Jan'21 intake. And now, I want to re-apply again. Additionally, I don't trust my agent as they said "all depends on the Canadian embassy, we can't do anything". That is why I want change of agent too. So, please do a suggestion on the same.

I appreciate it if you will provide some valuable suggestions that helps me to make my case stronger and I will able to convince VO that I ll be back after studies.

Queries:

1. Should I reapply?
2. Is the reason for rejection is due to my brother's stay in Canada?
3. What can I do to convince VO?
4. Do I need to apply for GCSM notes?