+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

second passport request letter after mailing passport to IRCC office

blue.idea7389

Dec 15, 2023
Hi, everyone. My timeline is as follows:

1. My original study permit is set to expire by December 31, 2023. My S-1 visitor visa will expire at the same time.
2. I submitted the application for my study permit extension on November 23. As I will attend a conference abroad next April, I also attached a letter in the client info that I am going to need a new visitor visa for re-entry into Canada and asked IRCC for prioritized processing.
3. Considering IRCC won't normally issue a visitor visa alongside a study permit extension, I decided to submit a separate visitor visa application on November 29.
4. On December 1, I received the original passport request for my study permit application. By then, there was no update on the visitor visa application. I sent my passport to IRCC office with the OPR letter on December 1.
5. However, on December 6, I also received the original passport request for my visitor visa application. At that time, my passport was already on the way to the IRCC office. I contacted IRCC via phone and the agent suggested me to submit a web form for the visitor visa application to inform the visitor visa officer that my passport was already on the way to the IRCC office for the study permit application.
6. Right now, in the IRCC application tracker (https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca), I can find two different visitor visa document numbers. I am currently awaiting further updates on both applications and they haven't sent my passport back yet.

How will IRCC normally handle situations like this?

Will they process two applications at the same time or do I need to send my passport again (but catching the 30 days deadline might be difficult) or do I need to send the second OPR letter right now?

Thanks