+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Language

Bear

Jul 18, 2008
Hi Friends,
I have some very basic skills of French.probably good enough to claim for scores in basic category. I had taken a 6 months class (with 2 hours a week) to learn French in my home country. That was before i came to US 3 years ago. However, i do not have any documentation for this, and i can not bring one since the institute where i learned is closed few years ago.
My question is can i claim for basic French skills on reading, writing, speaking and listening in the application, by just saying that i know it.
thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I did my PR they just took your word for it but now they want a test for English, maybe there is a test for French too. What does it say in your application guide? If they don't mention any test for French, put what you think is right. If they want proof that you know French, they can give you an interview.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Bear said:
Hi Friends,
I have some very basic skills of French.probably good enough to claim for scores in basic category. I had taken a 6 months class (with 2 hours a week) to learn French in my home country. That was before i came to US 3 years ago. However, i do not have any documentation for this, and i can not bring one since the institute where i learned is closed few years ago.
My question is can i claim for basic French skills on reading, writing, speaking and listening in the application, by just saying that i know it.
thank you
You need the TEF results to claim points for French.

PMM