+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second IEC Working Holiday 'Contract of Employment' - yes or no?

sezzabearz

May 25, 2016
Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked mutiple times before, I have had quite a look around on this forum/online but couldn't seem to find an exact answer to my question (but please feel free to link me a relevant thread if you know of one)!

I am an Australian applying for my second working holiday visa. When you are creating your profile for the pool and it asks 'do you have a letter of offer, contract of employment etc.' should I select 'no' even though I am currently working for a Canadian employer here in Vancouver?
It just appears that answering 'yes' means that further on in the application it asks you for an employer ID, LMIA, compliance fee etc. and all I want is another standard open working holiday visa like what I received the first time I did this back in 2014. However, I am concerned that if I answer 'no' and then they see on my résumé I am currently working here with a company it will cause an issue or appear dishonest?

Just wondering if any of you have encountered this and what you answered/did you get your application approved with no issues?

Any advice or comment would be appreciated.
Thanks so much!

jayzume

Aug 21, 2024
Hello, good day to where ever you are. I read about your situation back in 2016 regarding the answers you inputted in the application. I answered no to not having an offer of employment, which I do have a contract, but now that an invitation was sent to me, I realized the answer was selected mistakenly and I don't know how to proceed. If there's any possibility you can give me feedback, I would deeply appreciate your time and efforts getting back with information.

Jay