+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS Category applications Delayed over 20 days for May, 2020 intake

ManuM

Nov 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my Study Permit under the SDS Category on 4th February for May, 2020 intake, online from India. Bio-metrics was done on 7th Feb, medical passed in the same week. I haven't heard anything since then, I submitted a web form and haven't got a response on that either.

So, I called up the CIC call center couple of times and they said - All SDS category application go to a Case Processing Center inside Canada and after their initial review, it is forwarded to the local visa offices for final decision, usually all this is done within 20 days. However since this is delayed more than that, they left a message to the VO mentioning about the delay but it may take up-to 4 weeks for a response on that. They also mentioned that my application is stuck in CPC Edmonton and haven't forwarded to the local VO.

My consultancy said, they received a decision for all the applications they did during that week and one week before or after, so this can't be because of the recent Corona situation.

My classes will start in the next couple of weeks, whats the longest wait anybody had to go through in SDS Category? Can you guys please share how many days it took over the usual processing time in case of the delay, this may help the people who are on the same boat this year.

I'm worried about it now because there's no time to reapply if the the response is not positive. May be folks who applied and went through the same experience can share some guidance.