+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatoon or Regina

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Aspirants,
Im bit confused if I have to choose to land in Regina or Saskatoon, my priorities are job opportunities in IT field, safety and cost of living, friendly Indian community,please suggest.

Thanks
Sathya

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, but this is older thread, and does not provide any lead to us.

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
You can't take this decision unless you visit either one of these places and try your employment opportunities. Regina is the capital and has more government offices, and has better job prospects for IT in some skills. That said, many IT career/HR/labor firms operate in both these cities. These cities are closer to each other and you can shift after prospecting.

Finally, you need to remember that entire Saskatchewan is a very small province and if you are an ambitious/enterprising person that has career goals you will be mobile. As a popular SK immigration statistician says, 'no one is more mobile than a recent migrant coming from Philippines' because he has no social connections, roots or jobs that will tie him to one city or province.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Lieudefroid, noted, I'm flexible to move to other cities based on the jobs availability.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Do try and visit both cities for a few days. Don't just go by what people's personal preferences are. Both cities are beautiful and have their own plus and minus points. I have visited both of these cities, and while on paper Saskatoon was wonderful, my family and I felt more at home in Regina. As for job opportunities, both offer nearly the same, with Regina slightly higher. Cost of living Saskatoon is slightly better, but crime wise Regina is better. Climate wise Saskatoon has more extreme weather, but in winters of -40C 5 degrees will hardly make a difference. ;)

There are too many factors to really choose between one or the other. Where you get a job is where you will eventually have to settle.

Hope this helps a bit in helping you make a choice. :D

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
satya10 said:
Dear Aspirants,
Im bit confused if I have to choose to land in Regina or Saskatoon, my priorities are job opportunities in IT field, safety and cost of living, friendly Indian community,please suggest.

Thanks
Sathya

I'm always confused by this. You want to move to a new Country and culture but you want an Indian community. If you want an Indian community, stay in India.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
kryt0n said:
I'm always confused by this. You want to move to a new Country and culture but you want an Indian community. If you want an Indian community, stay in India.
It's called freedom of Choice, and everyone in Canada is granted that right to live and work anywhere in Canada, and if someone chooses to stay near people he/she is familiar with, then no one has the right to deny him/her that right.

Reactions: sankit

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hot2Cold said:
It's called freedom of Choice, and everyone in Canada is granted that right to live and work anywhere in Canada, and if someone chooses to stay near people he/she is familiar with, then no one has the right to deny him/her that right.
It just doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe my culture is closer, granted but living there you adjust and try and integrate to a different way of life. What's the point of going somewhere new to just continue the same as before?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
kryt0n said:
It just doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe my culture is closer, granted but living there you adjust and try and integrate to a different way of life. What's the point of going somewhere new to just continue the same as before?
Because it takes time to integrate. Not everyone can do that quickly and easily. Being close to something that you are familiar with makes the task easier, and actually helps in the process of integration and assimilation as you have shared experiences to fall back on.

I am in Dubai, and many people here, including British people, stick together to their respective communities. TheRegards is interaction between nationalities and the locals, but mostly people will be clannish.

Do you think it would be fair to tell them to go back where they came from? I hardly think so.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hot2Cold said:
Do you think it would be fair to tell them to go back where they came from? I hardly think so.
In a sense, yes. A commitment to move to another country because you deem that country to be a better future for yourself should be because you like everything about that country - culture and all. If you have to stick with what you feel comfortable with it doesnt seem like you should be in that new country. But hey ho, right.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
kryt0n said:
In a sense, yes. A commitment to move to another country because you deem that country to be a better future for yourself should be because you like everything about that country - culture and all. If you have to stick with what you feel comfortable with it doesnt seem like you should be in that new country. But hey ho, right.
Then I wonder why the original settlers of North America have not adopted to the original culture and have continued to follow "European" culture? They should move back to Europe right? Or does this only apply to non-Europeans?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Hot2Cold said:
Then I wonder why the original settlers of North America have not adopted to the original culture and have continued to follow "European" culture? They should move back to Europe right? Or does this only apply to non-Europeans?

You're right; a valid point. I bow to your superior philosophical and historical argument.

MSiBAT

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-07-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
Med's Request
19-7-2016 (Done)
Med's Done....
31-8-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
Very nice argument. Both of you have put forth few excellent points. +1 to both of you...