+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

salary requirements?

s110826

Aug 26, 2011
Hi all,

My friend is applying for CEC and is concerned about the salary requirements. She has worked in a supervisory position in a B.C. restaurant for 13 months. Her monthly base salary is $2000, or about $2500 with tips. I don't have the exact information yet on her hourly base wage but it appears to be around $10 per hour as implied by her application. Her lawyer told her that her application is acceptable, but someone else said that she is not earning enough. She has earned a business management diploma from a public polytechnic university in B.C.

Her questions are:
1) Is a salary of $2000 per month or $24000 per year sufficient for CEC, or is it not set in stone?
2) Do tips count toward her monthly level of salary?

Thanks in advance. If you need any other information I'll try to get from her.

Shawn

ind0canadian

Sep 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Shawn,

Salary has nothing to do in CEC. All she needs is Valid Work Experience in NOC O, A or B and she must qualify language requirements. They don't care about the salary or bonus.

I hope it helps.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
s110826 said:
Hi all,

My friend is applying for CEC and is concerned about the salary requirements. She has worked in a supervisory position in a B.C. restaurant for 13 months. Her monthly base salary is $2000, or about $2500 with tips. I don't have the exact information yet on her hourly base wage but it appears to be around $10 per hour as implied by her application. Her lawyer told her that her application is acceptable, but someone else said that she is not earning enough. She has earned a business management diploma from a public polytechnic university in B.C.

Her questions are:
1) Is a salary of $2000 per month or $24000 per year sufficient for CEC, or is it not set in stone?
2) Do tips count toward her monthly level of salary?

Thanks in advance. If you need any other information I'll try to get from her.

They just want to see you are part of the economy growth and pay ypur taxes like a responsilbe citizen. In the guide there is nowhere about salary. And the guide pretty detailed. I have two copies printed, one at home & one at work to make sure i read all the important info that clicks my mind and it answers most of the questions. So, Your friend should print out those and read them through as well. And yes, the answer to your question"NO". There is no requirement for the salary. But the trade should be in Skill set 0,A & B.

Good Luck!

Shawn