+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Salary Paid in Cash - Job Reference Letter

musa.badar92

Jan 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am applying for Canadian Immigration via express entry route. In 2015, for my first job, I worked for 02 years and 10 months in a private procurement firm as a project manager. This was a startup at the time and I one of the first staff hired there. It remained a small company however in terms of number of employees. My question is:

A. My salary was paid to me in cash always. And since i was below the tax slab, i did not file any tax return as the law allows me not to. I was too naive at that time to recognize this will create problems for me later. Now all i have as a proof for that job is a reference letter and an offer letter (kind of like an agreement). And ofcourse the company's registration certificate. Is this sufficient proof of my employment? Should i be attaching any other document?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hi everyone,

I am applying for Canadian Immigration via express entry route. In 2015, for my first job, I worked for 02 years and 10 months in a private procurement firm as a project manager. This was a startup at the time and I one of the first staff hired there. It remained a small company however in terms of number of employees. My question is:

A. My salary was paid to me in cash always. And since i was below the tax slab, i did not file any tax return as the law allows me not to. I was too naive at that time to recognize this will create problems for me later. Now all i have as a proof for that job is a reference letter and an offer letter (kind of like an agreement). And ofcourse the company's registration certificate. Is this sufficient proof of my employment? Should i be attaching any other document?
You don't need to attach pay slips. Remember that the reference letter (if a complete one) is all you need for work experience:

• Brief desciption of position
  • List of duties (which should be in line with NOC duties)
  • Time of employment
  • Place of employment
  • If you were a full time or part time employee (number of hours per day or week)
  • Salary and benefits
  • Contact of person providing the letter.

Reactions: musa.badar92

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hello,

I happen to be in the same shoe with you. working for a wholesale distribution company. All I did was to ask the manager that let my salary be paid into my account from the company account to indicate actually that I receive monthly salary from the company when proof of fund will be required. Still hope that is the right thing to do to show proof of employment.

musa.badar92

Jan 29, 2020
You don't need to attach pay slips. Remember that the reference letter (if a complete one) is all you need for work experience:

• Brief desciption of position
  • List of duties (which should be in line with NOC duties)
  • Time of employment
  • Place of employment
  • If you were a full time or part time employee (number of hours per day or week)
  • Salary and benefits
  • Contact of person providing the letter.
Thanks dr.josemrod, I have one more question. If i worked 48hours/week in one job for a year and 40hours/week for a second job (hypothetically), IRCC will consider both experiences the same (i.e. one year)
or in other words, if i worked for 11 months for 48 hours/week, is it equivalent to one year experience in normal terms?