+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

S.E Asian students admitted to funded programs with visa granted/refused/Awaited

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Hello

Want to connect to all South east asian students who got admitted to fully funded programs and the status of your visa applications as grated/Awaited/refused. Please share the experiences and reasons why it may have been refused/still pending. Please mention your nationality

My Story-Pakistan: Funded program that was supposed to commence at August 11, 2014. Applied online on June 18, with police certifs, my personal a/c statement, upfront medical, admission offer and etc. Gave biometrics at VAC karachi at 23 rd june, biometrics status not uploaded in my online cic account till night of 18 july, and after expiry of 30 days status changed to biometric received. In the mean time multiple emails with scanned biometric to email address as advised by VAC HELPLINE and repeated visits to VAC to retake biometric but to no use. Since 19 July to August 18, processing not started yet as per status tab of my online CIC account as of today. Classes started and admission rolled over. Completely screwed/depressed and generalized feeling of being a moron.
Mistake made: The only thing that occurs to me is i didnt submit copy of my CNIC along with my online application.
Over to you guys.

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
I too have been admitted to a fully funded program in York University. Applied on 18th June online and still waiting a decision. Classes start on 8th Sep.