+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

S.16(1)(C)

IM1

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am new on this forum, i am MI3 APPLICANT i got my GCMS notes today, i found S.16(1)(C) on my notes it means my job experience will be varified, is there any applicant who have the same situation? IS IT necessary they will verify my job experience? please inform me
thanks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check my old thread, this link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t109332.0.html

Dear All!

I am here after a long time but I want to share some vital info about CAIPs / GCMS notes as I have ordered it 3 times myself.

1) First of all whenever you order CAIPS / GCMS your visa office gets informed and it is noted in the same notes and you can see this entry in next notes in incoming correspondence but there are no adverse affects and you can order as many times as you like.

2) Some info can be hidden or omitted from your notes as it is according to their act that some info is exempted from release under access of information act 16(1)(c) or 15(1) or 19(1) etc.. So whenever you get CAIPS / GCMS email or letter first check if they have talked about any act like 15(1) or 16(1)(c) etc and if it is so then it is for sure that some info can be omitted or hidden from your notes and you can observe a whitener be placed on some parts of notes.

I have seen for people whose job verification was done and who had concerns about their files received this kind of GCMS email

"The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act."

It was interesting to see that in first GCMS notes before verification of job all the concerns were hidden under section 16(1)(C) and 15(1) and once the job verification was done then in next notes they had uncovered the concerns . So if you receive email like above be prepared they have concerns about your file which they are hiding.

I hope the above helps people in sorting out CAIPS / GCMS.

Thank you all for reading this............

IM1

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Knight_Crusader said:
hi can you tell me where exactly in your GCMS S.16(1)(C) was mentioned ? was in the NOTES of the officer ??

thanks
on paper screening note.
in my last GCMS the paper screening note was complete, but now one sentence is disappeared and s16 is written, why they delete one sentence which i already read, after paper screening no officer has reviewed it my due date has passed in november.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
IM1 said:
on paper screening note.
in my last GCMS the paper screening note was complete, but now one sentence is disappeared and s16 is written, why they delete one sentence which i already read, after paper screening no officer has reviewed it my due date has passed in november.
can you please tell me which page number in GCMS ?
I have 3 GCMS, and in some they forget to blank out even security details, as I think its a manual process.

Any Idea what S.19(1) implies, its on page 37 on visa officers NOTES page along with S.15(1)

IM1

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Knight_Crusader said:
can you please tell me which page number in GCMS ?
I have 3 GCMS, and in some they forget to blank out even security details, as I think its a manual process.

Any Idea what S.19(1) implies, its on page 37 on visa officers NOTES page along with S.15(1)
page 41 above paper screening note.

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
on paper screening note.
Any update in your case?