+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Russian married to American ,being deported from US. Can i get visa to Canada?

annas

Jun 11, 2009
Hi! I have a very tricky situation.
I am a russian citizen, have been living in US for the last 6 years. My husband is American citizen, we've been married for last 4 years, before we get married I applied for Asylum in US, recently I was denied. Now I have to leave US, based on deportation. The question is, can I apply for canadian visa, is any chance I can get it? I've heard that US and Canada share the same immigration database. I need some professional advice. If you have any reference please let me know. And if I will get visa to Canada, can I apply for residency later on?
Also my husband has a sister , she is Canadian citizen. Can it be helpful in getting a residency or not?
Thank you !

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

annas said:
Hi! I have a very tricky situation.
I am a russian citizen, have been living in US for the last 6 years. My husband is American citizen, we've been married for last 4 years, before we get married I applied for Asylum in US, recently I was denied. Now I have to leave US, based on deportation. The question is, can I apply for canadian visa, is any chance I can get it? I've heard that US and Canada share the same immigration database. I need some professional advice. If you have any reference please let me know. And if I will get visa to Canada, can I apply for residency later on?
Also my husband has a sister , she is Canadian citizen. Can it be helpful in getting a residency or not?
Thank you !
Not a chance in the world that Canada would issue a Visitor visa to a person in the removal process.
Safe Third country also would not allow you to make a claim when entering Canada.

PMM